2,234 results
All reviews quay restaurant overlooking the river bay window club room afternoon tea bit dated city centre car park would stay again bars and restaurants lovely room stayed here for one night couldn't fault full english saturday night tyne quayside
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a result of the 90 MPH winds I couldn’t get to the hotel. No trains running what so ever and stranded for hours at train station. Despite asking and explaining I am still being charged the fee as “ they didn’t sell the room on”. Poor service and I won’t be staying again. I had no choice in not turning up along with thousands of others that were stranded away from their families in the north due to storm Ali.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom F
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your comments. Would dispute that policy adherence over a confirmed booking under such circumstances is a matter of poor guest service. I hope that you reached your destination safely, and that you may consider staying again at some point in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great location beside Newcastle's popular quayside. Friendly welcome and great service. We got a last minute booking that was ridiculously cheap. Excellent value and great cooked breakfast. Have to say though... the baths are the shallowest i've ever seen in any hotel lol. Nice place though!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the hotel location, the high standard of guest service, the value for money and the quality of breakfast. With regard to the bath depth, we are looking at refurbishment options for the bathrooms at present, at which time we would plan to address this. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed to celebrate my in laws diamond wedding. The rooms are comfort and spacious with good views over the river and bridges. The food in the restaurant was very good. As with all of these big hotels I did find the drinks prices on the steep side.

Stayed: September 2018

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the comfort and spaciousness of your bedroom, the hotel location, and the quality of food. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
best regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Located on the north bank of the river Tyne, excellent for exploring the city or just walking along the riverside enjoying the bars and restaurants. Clean, comfortable rooms and polite, friendly staff. Secure car park with access directly to the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the hotel location, the comfort and cleanliness of your bedroom, the high standard of guest service from the team, and the on-site secure car parking facilities. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 1st Sept the lady who checked us is was very pleasant and friendly and courteous....with some great local advice was just unfortunate I can't see who it was due to having no name badge on ....stay was lovely and breakfast the maids were lovely and chatty next morning ...when we arrived home I realised I had left my phone charger in the hotel room we emailed a lady called nikki from the hotel who quickly responded and said she will post my charger to me I received my charger in the next few days....would like to say a great big thank you amazing service .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jo c
Ken E, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Many thanks for your great review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, with particular regard to the high standard of guest service throughout. I'll be sure to pass your positive feedback on to Nikki, which will make her day! Your valued feedback is greatly appreciated, and I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.