2,137 results
All reviewssmall bottle of winecomplimentary watersuperior roomkit katleisure centretaxi ranktravelling by trainleisure clubmini fridgestreet noiselovely hotelcentral locationsteam roomwould stay againfull englishbuffet stylesaturday night
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Very nice room, quiet with space to work, fridge with complimentary water, Kit-Kats and juice, lovely pool and small spa which I had to myself for a great morning swim, very nice and helpful staff. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
royalstationhotel, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Irena,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great stay and do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2018

Booked this hotel over a year ago as we had planned to see Ed Sheeran at St James Park on June 10th. Hotel is central and in a good location. We were fortunate to park our car in one of the few available spaces for the hotel.
That was the positive.
Negative-For £147 a night the room was poor. Our bed was not even a double bed it was only 3/4 which was pushed up against the wall making our nights sleep very uncomfortable. Fortunately we are not big people otherwise it would have been far worse! Can't believe there wasn't a double bed as standard.I can appreciate the rooms were all fully booked due to the concert so we did not asked to be moved as it would have been a waste of time.
For a £147 which did not include breakfast I cannot recommend this Hotel.
When we arrived back from the concert at about 10:45 p.m the bar was also closed!It would have been nice just to sit and relax with a night cap prior to going up to our very disappointing room..
There are plenty other hotels in the area I would certainly try them first.

Room Tip: you may get a good room if you are willing to pay rip off prices
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
royalstationhotel, Manager at Royal Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. Pleased to hear that you enjoyed our excellent city centre location. As far as I can see from your reservation it was a small double room which was booked which is a 3/4 bed not a standard double. With regards to the hotel bar, It closes at 11pm and the night porters take over so there is 24 hour room service available.Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here many times and always found it to be good value and comfortable with a very good breakfast. This visit, I was informed that I’d been upgraded to a twin room, which was very nice; however the big downside was that it was at the front of the building directly overlooking the taxi rank for the station. With only single glazed windows, the noise from the inebriated revellers out on the Toon (even on a Monday night) led to a virtually sleepless night. I appreciate that the hotel can’t control the outside noise, but I would recommend that you request a room at the rear of the building or some ear plugs if you need to get to sleep at all.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Malcolm,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us, Sorry to hear that on this occasion that you had some outside noise issues. We do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

This hotel looks amazing on the outside and the lobby is grand. However, the room I stayed in needs refurbishing. The bathroom was so small I could barely navigate around the sink, shower, and door to get to the toilet.

As for a quiet night’s sleep - that didn’t happen. At midnight, there was a fight that went on for a good hour. Walls being punched, screaming, you name it. Ridiculous behavior at a fairly expensive hotel.

The one positive is that this hotel is close to the train station but so are others.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Heidi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. If you would like to discuss this further and in more detail please do not hesitate to contact the front of house manager.
Regards

Reviewed June 6, 2018

Stayed for one night It's smack in the centre of Newcastle close to shops - bars and restaurants and only a 10 min walk to st James park as for the hotel the bedrooms could do with a revamp but that's because I am used to going to more modern hotels there is a decent gym in the hotel and food is good the reception staff were more than helpfully, not many car parking spaces but there is the railway station car park 40 yards away I presume you will have to pay there.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our excellent city centre location, Also pleased to hear that you had chance to make use of our leisure facilities. We do hope to see you again in the near future.