1,177 results
All reviewsthe executive loungemarriott hotelsrace coursesteam roomleisure facilitiescity centrebus stoppublic areassaturday nightpleasant stayroom was spotlessstandard roomhotel is situatedbuffet stylecar parkfollowing morningmember of staff
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic stay at the Marriott,very comfortable room I enjoyed room service I was told my meal would be about 30 to 45 minutes it arrived 20 minutes later food was delicious (fish and chips) breakfast was first class would highly recommend this hotel staff were really pleasant only a 5 minutes drive to the intu metro shopping centre would highly recommend this hotel .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Amber W, At Your Service Supervisor at Grand Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Thank you for talking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again when your travels bring you back to Newcastle.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Location: In Gosforth Park, next to the horse racetrack, about 3 miles north of Newcastle. Great for guests on holiday or not needing to be in central Newcastle.

Bedroom: upgrade to the bigger rooms facing East. Nicer view. Usual Marriott bed and great sheets.

Bars / restaurants: breakfast focuses on traditional English breakfast. Coffee is awful but ask for a special coffee which then comes from the Starbucks supplied coffee outlet in the bar.

Lunch: a fantastic sandwich and soup combo was about 8 pounds. It changes daily but I had red pepper soup and a chicken breast sandwich (with a ton of chicken breast).

Fitness centre - opens at 6am and is quite serious because open to non-guest members. There is also a very chlorinated pool - 10m long or thereabouts.

Wifi - no problem.

Would I go back? Yes. Good value in terms of prices. The hotel is a bit dated but it was very relaxing to be able to walk into the park on a cold frosty morning. Better to stay during the week not on a Saturday night when there seems to be wedding parties.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon S
Helen S, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review each aspect of your recent stay with us. We were delighted to hear you found your stay relaxing and good value for money. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I booked a Spa Treatment for myself and both daughter in laws for a treat. Whilst travelling to the hotel we got stuck at temporary traffic lights and a road closure. I contacted the Spa explaining we would be a little late. We arrived at 1040 instead of 1030 and fully expected our treatment to be cut by the 10 mins. Unfortunately we were met by quite an obnoxious individual who wasn't very polite and pointed at her watch as she informed us that we had been given a set time before turning us away. We were really disappointed and appreciate it was our fault however she could have been a bit nicer considering the circumstances. We then went into the hotel for a coffee and breakfast where the staff were lovely. One member of staff was quite embarrassed at the 'Spa ladies' behaviour. I would never book this again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Helen S, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hotel team who looked after you for your breakfast and coffee, We are sorry to hear of your experience in the spa, although based in the hotel the beauty salon/spa is independently managed, we will of course share this feedback with the salon manager who I am sure will follow up with her team.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Spent a Saturday here at the Marriott for a small hen do.
We had the afternoon tea which was served by friendly, welcoming staff. The sandwiches were okay but the cakes were lovely. Scones were rather large, but no complaints here on that. Overall the afternoon tea wasn’t half bad.
We had organised spa treatments and had timed slots throughout the afternoon. When we weren’t in for treatments, most of us used the facilities provided; the pool, hot tub, sauna etc. It was very chilled and relaxing...until the kids arrived but the hotel can’t stop that.
Overall our bride-to-be and all the hens and a lovely afternoon. Will recommend for anyone else thinking of having a treat for the day.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Helen S, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Dear Rebecca
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback following your visit to the hotel. We were delighted to learn you had a relaxing day with us in the spa and enjoyed your afternoon tea. Best wishes to the bride to be. We look forward to welcoming you all back again.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

As a gold guest and regular customer of all things Marriott and SPG I expect more. On arrival you would expect the desk in front of you to be reception but this is a hire car company - seemed odd. Used app to check in so keys were ready on arrival. However had also selected green choice through app and this was not applied, nor was I asked. I had been told in advance no happy hour so you get the option of points or breakfast - we took the later but the vouchers were incorrectly dated - they did fix but that is the general way here - get it wrong then fix it. I had to ask about the lounge to be told - oh the cupboard - turned out was an accurate description but not the best turn of phrase. It had a coffee machine, free water, etc. Although again when I advised the coffee grounds drawer needed emptied instead of doing so I got taken through to the bar to wait there and the staff were so busy speaking to one another they initially ignored us.
Initial impression of the room was fine - seemed cosy when heating on and curtains closed but as with most hotel rooms usual issue of not enough light. Bathroom was not the best narrow and slippy bath - I actually fell one day while showering and hubby also slipped. Toiletries smelled nice but not exactly good quality - conditioner useless, moisturizer runny. View we had was over car park and conference room roof - so don't expect much.
Went to the health club and as others have said geared up for members not residents. Initially poor welcome but another staff member jumped in and was more informative. Sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, etc.
The next morning I woke up and opened the curtains and the howling gale coming through the single glazing hit me. We were having a cold snap but as I'm from North of Scotland I am used to cold weather - As soon as you stood near the windows it was simply freezing.We tried folding the curtains up on to the window ledge and using towels to keep out the draft but to little avail.
Breakfast was small buffet but actually I would highly praise that everything was well presented, good quality and well cooked.
On the final day of our stay we asked reception about afternoon tea for our return and were told just to ask at the bar and they would set it up. Well the most ungracious barman made me feel like I was in the wrong for making him do any work so we decided against it - had a cocktail instead which was quite nice.
The corridors were not very noise resistant and the lifts were very small and always seemed to smell of chlorine and be covered in glitter.
The biggest plus was the staff were mostly friendly but the odd few let the side down.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dnaray
janice_davison, Executive Personal Assistant at Grand Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2018

We appreciate your taking the time to provide in-depth comments on your stay and will certainly use both your positive and constructive comments to improve the standards and service provided. It is always our intention to provide the best possible experience and guest feedback is invaluable in achieving this goal. Thank you for choosing the Gosforth Park for your accommodation requirements.