All reviews vintage style dog bed mini oven quirky hotel on arrival sherbet bubble bath breakfast table freeman hospital chain hotels finishing touches little touches quiet area gorgeous hotel city centre the ground floor long weekend
Reviewed September 3, 2018

This is a really lovely hotel, quiet but very convenient location. We could walk to shops, restaurants and into Jesmond Deane. Perfect spot for a long weekend in Newcastle. The room was very pretty and comfortable with a lovely view across a green square.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018

the moment we opened the front door you could tell this was going to be a special experince. The vast array of interesting objects decorating the hall and landings were unique and interesting. We were most warmly welcomed and shown to our room ..inspiring, absorbing and special are just three words that came to mind in this very large and well decorated room. Clean, first class coffee and tea facilities in bone china cups, a glass of complimentary wine, food ready for our dog, comfortable beds and furniture and decor you could see in a first class hotel. Private, peaceful and in a lovely area of Newcastle...a must to stay..we will return!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

A very quaint hotel set in an Edwardian house that is totally original inside with lots to explore and items in every nook and cranny. I went upstairs and explored the landing too and it’s really interesting.
We stayed in a room which I would say is birdcage themed. This has 2 double beds which were really comfortable and we slept well. Inside tea, coffee and got chocolate provided as well as gin and tonics in the evening.
The location is great for getting into the city and as I had 2 dogs a park was a couple of minutes walk away.
It’s very easy to arrange a booking and any info you require is quickly passed onto you.
Kamilla is a great host and shows you around the room and can help if you need it.
Unfortunately we had to cut short our weeks stay and am looking to return as we never got to explore Newcastle or Gateshead.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2018

We booked the hotel knowing nothing about it. When we arrived we were greeted warmly and taken to our rooms which were unique and very comfortable. What we really liked about this hotel was the individuality of every room and every area. The staff were great; very accommodating and helpful.Breakfasts were lovely and generous too. The selection of teas, coffees and infusions was amazing. And the location is excellent. Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: All rooms are individually decorated and the hotel is in a quiet area . As it's a period building the rooms are lovely and spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2018

I have rung and left a message. No reply. I have used their website and sent a message via that - it was returned 'delayed delivery...delayed delivery....delayed delivery' and eventually 'not delivered'. Finally, I asked a friend who lives around the corner to pop in and ask someone to respond to me. He was met outside by a staff member who said there was 'no one around to talk to' and wouldn't even let him in the door. I'm not sure what else to do because I don't want to book via a booking website because I was hoping to get a room on the ground floor for my elderly parents. I'll just try another hotel that welcomes business.

Room Tip: Good luck getting hold of someone to choose one ;)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
124susi, Front Office Manager at Rosebery Hotel Jesmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

We have absolutely no idea who this person is, the Hotel is bookable online through many portals, the emails and phone is working. We are currently in the midst of Graduations, there are staff on hand 24/7. To confirm, this guest has not stayed at the Rosebery and we suspect this is a vexatious review, possibly from some 'angry' sales person, who has been calling and calling the hotel, trying to sell their products or get the hotel to change utility/laundry/baker/wholesaler suppliers. As we receive ridiculous amounts of these nuisance calls, as so many of us do these days. To confirm, the Rosebery is open and bookable and we would be delighted to accommodate future guests.