Jesmond Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$84
  • Breakfast included
US$85
US$74
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$58
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$116
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$106
US$88
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle City Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
The Vermont Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$117
  • Restaurant
County Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$59
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$31
Official Hotel Site
    See what travellers are saying:
    Reviewed December 8, 2011

Location is ok but very small room. The toilet was dirty in the room we stayed. No one bothered to clean the room and no replacement of milk, tea and shampoo on the 2nd day of our stay. The receptionist were full of attitude and rude to us. We'll not stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank PURE212
    jesmondhotel_newcast, Manager at Jesmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

In order to be able to investigate this matter we contacted the traveller and asked to provide us with details of the stay. The traveller has not responded.

Management

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I use this hotel restaurant regularly ,last time for a family party of 14 ,and we have always been well looked after and served excellent food. We are going back again next month after carols at Jesmond Parish Church and looking forward to another good meal at a reasonable price in nice surroundings. ( the temporary parking voucher js another bonus )

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night as we were watching Arctic Monkeys at the Metro Arena.
    Our first impressions were excellent, clean and well presented reception area and friendly staff.
    Our room number 23 was at the front of the building, it was well presented and larger than expected. A little tired but comfortable.
    My only problem with the room was that there were NO curtains. This was not a problem until the sun came up and light streamed through the blinds at 6.30 am. Had to place t shirt over my head until i thought it was time i got up.
    Like i said this was my only issue with the hotel and room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed October 14, 2011

I recently stayed for one night at this hotel as I was visiting friends in the locality. First impressions are imperative for any stay and people often forget that the first experience you have of a place is the telepone manner of the receptionist - many places I have phoned are too busy to speak to you or just plain rude - however the telephone manner of the girl at this hotel was polite and very friendly

The rooms were cosy and warm with lost of space. The beds were very comfortable and I enjoyed a lovely nights sleep.

The restaurant / brasserie was advertised as "unpretencious" and this was certainly the case. The food was excellent and you got a good hearty plate! The service was excellent and friendly. There was a wide range of food and wine - but not too much as to be overbearing - some restaurants have page upon page of choices which can be rather annoying.

A definate keeper for next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed October 1, 2011

My room was spotless and had modern decor and fixtures. The bed was extremely comfortable, firm without being excessively hard. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and breakfast was abundant and quite reasonably priced (£5). I encountered only two things I'd change: (1) The wireless signal doesn't reach to the top floor, which means I couldn't go online from my room. (This would prevent me from staying here again.) (2) The bed has only a duvet (note to fellow Americans: that's a comforter) for a cover, and it really needs a sheet as well, for when nights are warm enough that you don't want the warmth of a duvet. The staff brought me something lighter, but it turned out to be a duvet cover and so was thicker than a sheet.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, get a room with a number in the 20s. It doesn't reach to the rooms in the 30s.
    • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business