2,896 results
All reviews train station life centre stag and hen parties business trip central location clean hotel minute walk car park lovely hotel would stay again buffet breakfast checking in reception staff stayed for one night good nights sleep comfy bed saturday night
Reviewed February 1, 2018

The plus point of this hotel is its location. It is a few minutes walk to the Newcastle Central Station and just opposite the Centre of Life Complex. A slightly longer walk takes you to the main Eldon Square shopping centre and the towering Charles Grey Monument. The room was average. The flush did not work properly in the bathroom and the shower gel pump was not functioning. Breakfast was the usual fare you get all over England - nothing worth mentioning specifically. The building is located in what looks like in an office complex and has a most dull, unimpressive frontage.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
G_TaylorNewcastle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear Sumita,

Thank you for having taken the time to share a review on your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to hear that the bathroom did not meet your expectations, and thank you for your comments in relation to the issues. I will of course take action to rectify these issues.

I am however relieved that this did not detract you, from otherwise enjoying your stay and that the next time your travels bring you back to Newcastle you will choose to stay with us again.

I hope to welcome you back again soon, and in the meantime, wish you well.

Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

Currently working nationally and stopping at Jury’s Inns. This hotel isn’t a patch on the Croydon hotel. A number of touches which this branch didn’t provide let it down, cruddy shower, no provisions on sale, mediocre food. No where near the standard of the Croydon branch.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Donna B
Reviewed January 30, 2018

Checked into the hotel and was greeted by a lovely young man paul who was really friendly and helpful, helped us with all the places we should go to and gave us as much information as we needed. Room was nice and the bed was very comfortable nice big heavy thick duvets. Room service was offered every day but we didn't accept, breakfast was of a good standard, its in a good location although if you will have to get taxis to the diamond strip etc if your in heels. The room was a little hot but reception were more than happy to give me a fan. Room service was very expensive for very little food. The hotel bar was lacking music and was quite expensive. Overall very nice 4 night stay.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
G_TaylorNewcastle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read such a positive review following your recent stay with us at Jurys Newcastle. I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience as we value guest feedback so highly.

I will ensure that your comments are passed to the team who will be delighted to hear of your positive experience. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Jurys Inn on your future visits to Newcastle.

Reviewed January 30, 2018

Visited on Wednesday 24th Jan for an overnight stay while a family member visited metro Arena which meant we could also meet up with our daughters who are Newcastle Uni.
Location of the hotel is excellent, close to train station, city centre & metro Arena.
Staff were efficient, nice & friendly.
Food choice is limited but what was available was decent quality.
Value for money the hotel is pretty good, the only downside on this visit was the fould mouthed group of males in teh restaurant who were not challenged by any of the staff, thats not the sort of behaviour I would expect in a restaurant & intervened myself & asked them to tone down the language.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us by way of a review.

The team and I are delighted that you had a positive experience with us.

The team and I all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jurys Inn Newcastle in the near future!

Reviewed January 29, 2018

Called in for lunch on Sunday, not a good idea
Disappointed that they only had bar snack/burger type offering no restaurant.
Food was awful. Served in some ridiculous crates which considering the size of the tables was rather bizarre.
The ‘loaded’ burger had a tiny teaspoon of chilli although it turned out to be the better option over the sandwiches.
Curly bread, cold bacon, amongst other things. Overall very disappointed with the options and quality

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank JudithC185
G_TaylorNewcastle, General Manager at Jurys Inn Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear Judith,

Thank you for your recent visit to the hotel. I was very sorry to hear that the Food did not meet your expectations. I would advise that we do not service Sunday lunches here in the hotel and due to the number of restaurants in the City Centre, only have our bar menu available.

I thank you for your comments and will of course speak with our Head Chef in relation to these.

Kind Regards