2,851 results
All reviews train station life centre stag and hen parties business trip central location clean hotel minute walk car park lovely hotel would stay again buffet breakfast checking in reception staff stayed for one night good nights sleep comfy bed saturday night
Reviewed March 17, 2018

Stayed here with my two friends for the Paloma Faith concert.I love the fact we can have 3 to a room and the location to the arena is great. Great service, fab rooms a firm favourite with us. We will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the arena can have a bit of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Clean and tidy.
Good sized bathroom.
Bedding too warm but comfortable none the less.
Screwed up on reservations for b&b so had to get approved before being fed in the morning, made up for it by removing the charges from the bill.
All in all good hotel in a great location laterally minutes from most places worth going in Newcastle

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We stayed to go to the Stereophonics Concert for our Wedding Anniversary , we had a great time at the hotel , our room was really nice and the bed was comfortable , a good breakfast , what more could you want . Fully reccomended

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We always stay here when we're going to see a show at the metro arena. It's walking distance from the train station and literally over the road from the arena so perfectly situated for us! We received the warmest of welcomes from Paul, nothing was too much trouble. To top it off we had a lovely breakfast in the morning. Thank you very much!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn
Reviewed March 14, 2018

At only 8 minutes very handy walk from the main rail station, I booked the best room I could get to treat myself for 2 nights away, Sunday and Monday in March. The hotel looks impressive on first sighting the outside, but inside is a bit dated and lacking in modern things like power sockets with USB slots or a TV that would allow my Firestick on the broadband, etc. Very few sockets in the room and no socket at the window side of a huge king bed that you could have got 3 in never mind 2. Very old fashioned. Basic but clean and warm. Overpriced I think, at over £100 a night. Third glazing has been fitted on the window frame, and I found out why, as nobody told me there was a pop concert in the Metrocentre next door on Monday night. (I didn't know the centre was there at all). The place had gone from empty to heaving. I have to say the glazing was excellent as I never heard a note!! Or was that the brandy working.
The staff were lovely as are most people in Newcastle, I have to say, and were very helpful and cheerful. They made up for a lot. Especially lovely Paul at the desk.
The very biggest downside for me was that I have never eaten cold fried egg and cold bacon on a cold plate before. I ate breakfast late on Sunday and early on Monday. SAME. I learned on Sunday not to put the tomatoes or mushrooms in my mouth at all as they didnt feel or taste like they ought to be there, really that bad. The bacon was cooked perfectly but it was all cold. I didn't want to complain but I did mention it at the front desk. It would be a good way to slim coming here. Never got any tummy ache tho. The very best thing was the view out of the window. As I like trains and bridges I really loved the amazing picture window view of Newcastle's Tyne bridges and railways. I would definitely come here again to a cheaper room, but I would book with no breakfast and go across the road to the little bar that does some and try it.

Room Tip: Asked for quiet back room away from smokers area. Don't think noise was ever an issue but back room definitely quiet and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo