Open today: 11:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Afternoon tea with the ladies

6 ladies out for afternoon tea to celebrate birthdays. Nice choice of sandwiches, lovely warm... read more

Reviewed September 22, 2018
Lesley V
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Superb afternoon tea

My daughter took me to The Parlour for afternoon tea as a treat for my retirement . I suffer from... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago

from US$32.75
from US$91.70
from US$20.96
More Info
All reviews afternoon tea supper club jam and cream sandwiches and cakes lovely food birthday treat lovely venue staff were friendly sunday lunch parlor menu northumberland mam fab occasion
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Have visited here & enjoyed coffee & cake or lunch on many occasions over the years. Today dropped in on the off -chance & managed to get a table although it is now reservation only.

No more cakes/scones. Now just high priced 'bistro style food'. Sandwich for £8. Food looked & tasted fine but portions varied from massive to tiny, depending on what you ordered. Gluten free cheese sandwich was two small 'rolls' with a slice of cheese & a thin smear of chutney , lettuce & some fries. Uninspiring & expensive for what you get.

Service was pleasant enough, about 20 people were turned away at the door in the hour we were there, as they hadn't reserved.

I can understand that they want to go 'up- market' & increase their margins but at the same time they have alienated a large & loyal customer base. Shame we will not be returning. For those that get turned away there is a perfectly acceptable cafe at the milkhope centre or the Azure garden centre, both just 3 mins drive from there.

2  Thank SeaseekerNewcastle
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch here today and was extremely disappointed. Food was inedible. Staff unconcerned. I will not be returning

1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I used to love visiting the parlour. I didn’t realise you had to book in advance which Luckily there was a table. Ordered afternoon tea for 2 it was horrendous for £14per person I was still hungry afterwards as the scones r now tiny. Ordered salad which was around £9 then they put 10% service charge which I think is so wrong. Menu has totally changed and gone up in price a lot. I sat next to the door so it was freezing when it was keep getting opened. I’ll definitely not be returning back here which I’m very disappointed in as I loved the place.

1  Thank taz4167
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I was very dissatisfied with my visit today. We were seated near the door which was constantly in use by members of staff, which meant that me and my family were freezing throughout our stay! We had booked for afternoon tea but after arriving and seeing the tiny portions at other tables and looking at the disappointing menu we decided to order a Sunday lunch instead... It was fine. My husband went to pay and brought up the door issue to the waitresses, her response was, "oh" and then she walked away!!!! He payed the bill and after returning home we realised we had been charged £4.55 service charge we weren't told about! Will not be returning, £50 wasted in my opinion.

1  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Traveled 45 mins to this place on recommendation to be greeted by a rude member of staff who pointed out they no longer do cakes and scones and we can’t have a table to just have a coffee. We must have food. Very disappointed, manners don’t cost anything.

1  Thank SMoody89