“Disapointed”

The Parlour at Blagdon
More attraction details
Owner description: The Parlour at Blagdon is situated within the Blagdon Estate, just a stone's throw from Northumberlandia. We offer idyllic, rustic and rural surroundings for a delicious meal or drinks within Poppy's Tea Room; a beautiful Grade 2 listed building formerly used as a Smithy. Whether it's a warm summer afternoon or a crisp winter morning we have food and drinks to suit every occasion ranging from cakes & traybakes, snacks & platters to light lunches. You can also enjoy either a pot of tea next to our log burning stove or a glass of wine in the Garden Room. Our food is traditional fayre with an Italian feel and is freshly made to order. Additionally, The Parlour is home of Marcantonio's Ice Cream, all manufactured on-site and based upon the award-winning recipe originally created over 100 years ago in Picinisco, Italy. We also offer a wide range of specialty plants and imaginative gifts. Our younger visitors can explore our outdoor play area whilst you sit back and relax. Well behaved pets are always welcome within our grounds and we are just 1 mile from the A1 Seaton Burn roundabout with ample car parking available on site. The Parlour at Blagdon: a destination with a difference.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My sister and I visited today for coffee only to be told they do not do coffee only now you have to book a table and they only do lunches or afternoon tea, and were directed to Milhope, yes i realise they are a business and want to make money, however at the expence of walk in customers, we will not be returning and will warn others of these changes

All reviews
"sunday lunch"
"parlor"
in 99 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Have visited here & enjoyed coffee & cake or lunch on many occasions over the years. Today dropped in on the off -chance & managed to get a table although it is now reservation only.

No more cakes/scones. Now just high priced 'bistro style food'. Sandwich for £8. Food looked & tasted fine but portions varied from massive to tiny, depending on what you ordered. Gluten free cheese sandwich was two small 'rolls' with a slice of cheese & a thin smear of chutney , lettuce & some fries. Uninspiring & expensive for what you get.

Service was pleasant enough, about 20 people were turned away at the door in the hour we were there, as they hadn't reserved.

I can understand that they want to go 'up- market' & increase their margins but at the same time they have alienated a large & loyal customer base. Shame we will not be returning. For those that get turned away there is a perfectly acceptable cafe at the milkhope centre or the Azure garden centre, both just 3 mins drive from there.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had lunch here today and was extremely disappointed. Food was inedible. Staff unconcerned. I will not be returning

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I used to love visiting the parlour. I didn’t realise you had to book in advance which Luckily there was a table. Ordered afternoon tea for 2 it was horrendous for £14per person I was still hungry afterwards as the scones r now tiny. Ordered salad which was around £9 then they put 10% service charge which I think is so wrong. Menu has totally changed and gone up in price a lot. I sat next to the door so it was freezing when it was keep getting opened. I’ll definitely not be returning back here which I’m very disappointed in as I loved the place.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was very dissatisfied with my visit today. We were seated near the door which was constantly in use by members of staff, which meant that me and my family were freezing throughout our stay! We had booked for afternoon tea but after arriving and seeing the tiny portions at other tables and looking at the disappointing menu we decided to order a Sunday lunch instead... It was fine. My husband went to pay and brought up the door issue to the waitresses, her response was, "oh" and then she walked away!!!! He payed the bill and after returning home we realised we had been charged £4.55 service charge we weren't told about! Will not be returning, £50 wasted in my opinion.