“Great Asian Food”
Review of Parichat at Sohe

Parichat at Sohe
Reserve with OpenTable
Parichat at Sohe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 1,391 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$6 - US$45
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Parichat at Sohe will invigorate and excite you with its blend of fine foods in fusion with the Asian inspiration behind this exciting new dining experience like no other! Traditionally trained chefs create dishes demonstrating their culinary flair, unique methods and individual expertise, showcasing foods from all over Asia that are sure to tantalise and tease the senses. Set within Jesmonds quintessentially English and stunning Victorian period properties the mix of Northumbrian history, Asian inspiration and cosmopolitan vibe allow you to unwind in a whole new type of culture. This is North East fine dining with a refreshingly informal vibe, an atmosphere to ease you into complete comfort and dishes to keep you green with food envy.
Reviewed March 6, 2017

Sohe is a very well set up restaurant, the decor is excellent and the staff attentive.

We ate early, mid-week and were very impressed.
The service was quick, but not rushed in any way.
After excellent starters, our massive mains arrived - plenty to eat and all good quality.

We would certainly consider going again if we are in the area

Management response:Responded March 12, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad to hear you had a good time and that the Staff looked after you, I will pass on your kind words and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2017

A friend of mine had been several times and raved about the food so we thought we'd try it out. It was a Friday lunch time when we went and as soon as we walked in it was very welcoming and the staff super friendly. We ordered the current deal of 2 courses and bottomless prosecco for £26.99 and was dying for our first taste of bubbles. At first we thought maybe there were going to be a bit lacking on the bubbles but as the meal went on we definitely got our fill with 5-6 glasses each. The food was delicious. I had the Tom Kha Gai soup to start with and it was so creamy and fresh. For the main I had the Chang Rai curry and that was spicy!! Which I loved!!! It's definitely worth going to this place. I'd recommend it for the bubbles alone! Authentic food, great service and fabulous atmosphere.

Reviewed February 26, 2017 via mobile

I've visited sohe a few times and always had a great time so decided for my partners 25th to book the private dining room.

The room is lovely as is the rest of the restaurant.

Right from the off it was a bad start, table half set with glassware, table set for 10 not 11 and pre-ordered drinks that had already been paid for not on the table.

The waitress who was lovely seemed totally overwhelmed and took a considerable Amount of time to get the drinks.

Then I was approached by the manager who advised me they hadn't received the pre-order so could I resend it which was no problem and I did. At this point maybe 10 or 15 minutes later several of the guests are approached and told they don't have the items they ordered. Obviously not a great start but not a disaster by any means.

Next when the starters come out the waitress puts down my food and says sorry these aren't actually gyoza they are more like spring rolls... finally we had enough and spoke to a manager who apologised and provided us with complimentary prosecco which was a nice touch.

To put the icing on the cake, the already replaced Seabass wasn't whole sea bass, then one person received the wrong dish and then there was a huge gap between some of the courses being delivered. Now many of the table had approached a manager who again apologised and offered more complimentary drinks.

I want to be clear in saying the staff had been professional and attentive and the food was delightful. The organisation had been horrific from start to finish but in all a fun night and the food was fantastic.

And not to forget they offered a large discount on the bill without us requesting it which I thought was a great reprieve.

1  Thank Aiden B
Management response:Responded March 13, 2017

Hi Aiden B

Thank you for your feedback of Sohe. I was disappointed to read that we didn't live up to our normal standards on your experience. I have addressed the points you have made with our team and would love to take this opportunity to discuss this further. If so, please get in touch on gm@sohe.co.uk

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

We're no experts on Thai/fusion cuisine, so were open-minded on this - the level of heat in dishes came as a bit of a surprise but it was a very "smooth" heat and the food was simply delicious. The service was attentive and friendly. We'd be happy to go back and develop our palettes here :-)

Management response:Responded March 13, 2017

Hi Ricardus56
Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad to hear you had a good time and that the Team looked after you, I will pass on your kind words and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

Excellent friendly staff , special mention of the girl from New Zealand who is excellent at her job. Loved it here - the wine, the cocktails and food were all exceptional - will definitely be returning - Thank you

Management response:Responded March 12, 2017

Thank you for your lovely review! I'm glad to hear you had a good time and that the Jess looked after you, I will pass on your kind words and hope to see you soon!