“Friendly staff, nice naan bread”
Review of Khans

Khans
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2015 via mobile

Girls meal, ate a variety of dishes between us. Really enjoyed the chicken tikka starter & my friends prawn tandoori main looked amazing. The poppadoms were spicier than I've tried elsewhere & the accompanying dips very tasty - watch out for the green minty one it's very hot chilli wise! The garlic naan was very moreish. They have a good selection of veggie dishes - I recommend the tarka dhal. Prawns in the Karahi were humongous. I tried this for a change, I probably wouldn't have it again simply because it is quite lightly spiced & fruity. Nothing wrong with that just I prefer something hotter. The menu explained it was delicately spiced so it was a case of making wrong choice on my part.

The staff who served us were great really chatty & funny when they spoke to us - good service.

We arrived in stages for a table we'd booked not all at once & with some people being late, so had to wait on the sofa. This was my only grumble as I would have preferred to wait at the table.
If it's your 1st time eating there worth knowing its BYO & the poppadoms are not a complimentary item.

Nice Indian

1  Thank KateJRR

Reviewed September 18, 2015

Came here as a large party for my cousins 30th birthday.

Service was good, the waiter was very knowledgeable and keen to let us know about the dishes and recommendations which was good. All meals came out, fresh and correct (which for a large party is great!).

The food was tasty and of decent size.

A good thing about this restaurant is that you can take your own drink.

I would recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank sophiehunter26
Reviewed September 14, 2015

Cannot fault this meal! Had chicken chaat following by lamb rogan josh and both were equally delicious. The BYOB only adds to Khan's appeal. Definitely recommend!

1  Thank Kbiggs123
Reviewed September 5, 2015 via mobile

Popped into this restaurant on a quiet Wednesday night. Very good impressions on entry, clean, warm and inviting.

We had 2 sizzlers, first one was tandoori king prawns shashlik (7/10)...just your standard prawns mixed in a tikka marinade, next one was tandoori lamb chops platter (7/10)...would I order them again, probably not. Next came the mixed grill, chicken tikka, lamb tikka and shish kebab. Everything was freshly cooked and piping hot.

We had a stuffed paratha (5/10), with a chicken saag (7/10), the curry was not oily and spiced subtly. The highlight was the special pilau rice (10/10), shredded pieces of moist marinated lamb and chicken pieces mixed in a basmati rice.

Next time we visit, I think we may experiment with more of the curries. They should extend the menu to include a few chef specialities.

2  Thank NCLman2018
Reviewed August 10, 2015

Khan's provide an extensive and enjoyable choice of Indian favourites as well a few more unusual dishes. The venue is out of the town centre and has a relaxed atmosphere. I recommend the Balti and Karahi dishes in particular.

The service is attentive and the food is very reasonably priced.

1  Thank philippa j