“Beautiful room.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Kent
“Beautiful room.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

We booked 3 double rooms at the Peacock Hotel and we were lucky enough to be upgraded with one of them. We arrived Good Friday afternoon and check in was fast, friendly and efficient. The upgraded room 204 was large and clean with lots of storage. Bedding was good quality and there were lovely, thick, white towels. The bathroom contained a large bath with a seperate shower cubicle. Lots of shampoo, shower gel etc. Because the room was so large the heater didn't really do a suffient job. A call to Reception and a young lady immediately bought us a second heater. Our family got together to catch up on news and there was plenty of room for all 6 of us to sit around chatting. The other 2 doubles were a good size, next door to each other with a few steps from the main hotel. One of the rooms was lovely and warm, the other freezing! A second heater was requested and although it was in the room when they went back, the heater hadn't been switched on, so the room was still cold!
There is definitely an Indian influence with decor and ornaments. We were going to eat at the Restaurant within the hotel but the menu was quite limited. I am not an adventurous eater and there was no Chicken Korma! There were quite a number of people in there as we walked past so it goes to show that the food is good.
We ate a a pub across the road and it was typical 'pub grub'.
Kenilworth was a nice, friendly place with some shops open, even on Good Friday.
The breakfast was good. Freshly cooked to order, the young lady even made me 'real' porridge! A buffet of cereals, cheeses, juices, toast, yoghurts etc.
If we had to visit this area again I would have no hesitation in booking the 'Peacock Hotel'.
PS. The upgraded room had 32 lights/bulbs! Beautifully bright with 2 gorgeous crystal chandeliers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank stroppytart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Gravesend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We went to this hotel as it was near to the garage where we were purchasing a car. Unfortunately we left the directions to the garage behind and the receptionist was very helpful she not only looked it up but she went onto route finder and printed off directions for us. We also mentioned the tap in the bathroom was very stiff she promptly arranged for it to be fixed. The staff here were friendly and helpful and I would recommend it! I also asked for a surprise upgrade for my parents as it was approaching the anniversary of my mother receiving her MBE they not only did this but they upgraded it free of charge - how lovely is that!

Room Tip: Rooms in the stables are lovely and spacious
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheGriffins3
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Visited for three nights in march. Staff all very friendly and helpful.Room though on the small side(room 301 ) was very well equipped ,hairdryer ,trouser press ,iron and board ,plentiful toiletries,tea and coffee making facilities,wide screen tv with dvd player .Excellent breakfast with well cooked mushrooms not horrible tinned tasteless ones !,A well situated hotel for excursions to Warwick,leamington and Stratford upon avon.In addition the hotel has a sister restaurant Raffles with superb food and relaxed old fashioned ambiance due to a classical pianist playing in the background,just five minutes walk from the hotel and 20% off the food bill (not drinks ) for hotel guests .
Hotel also has a bar and restaurant on site ,high quality indian food ,reasonably priced
Larger rooms are available ,but we were very happy with our reasonably priced deal.

1 Thank scruffyduffy
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

With work, one doesn't expect much.

In, out, eat, sleep.

This was a eally nice place to relax a while, eat nice S India food and enjoy hospitality more akin to far eastern rather than middle England.

Never knew that Kenilworth was so nice and has a castle!

If I'm ever in Kenilworth again, I'll stay here

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Barwell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

My friend bought us a night stay at this hotel for Christmas we were not sure what to expect however we were pleasantly surprised, on arriving we were met by a very helpful receptionist who asked us what time we would like breakfast and our evening meal. The room we had was very clean spacious and had everything that you could wish for, TV, tea and coffee, the bathroom was completed with all your washing needs. The hotel is situated on a busy road with plenty of pubs and eateries. we were lucky enough to have our meals included, we chose for our evening meal a 3 course Indian dish which was excellent, English meals were also on the menu, breakfast was either continental or the full English or a mixture of both all in all the stay was very pleasant and we would recommend this hotel for the odd night or a longer stay as there are lots of interesting things to visit in the area.

Banbury
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have stayed here twice. The first stay was in a quiet & sunny back room which, whilst smaller, was very warm, well equipped & spotlessly clean.
Last weekend we stayed in one of the two biggest rooms. I have never had a chandelier in my room before, let alone two of them! The room was enormous, very warm, again spotlessly clean, equipped with everything you could possibly hope for including the cleanest kettle I have ever seen in a hotel. There is a little traffic noise in the front bedrooms.
The staff are really welcoming & friendly, they cannot do enough for you. The breakfasts are huge with masses of choice & arrive much faster than seems possible.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are smaller but quieter Rooms at the front are huge but you get some traffic nois...
1 Thank Upton4
Merseyside
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I was delivering a 4 day course in Birmingham NEC and stayed at Best Western Peacock Hotel for 4 nights. Firstly let me say that that most of the problems listed below, I have encountered previously in Best Western Hotels due to their construction.
On my first night I was given Room 108. A common problem with these hotels is the kitchen extractor that kicks in during the evening and doesn’t stop until an hour after they finish cooking. The fan causes horrendous noise and vibration which rattles around the hotel due to the flimsy make-up of the internal walls. I also has stained bed sheets (which I showed to reception and took a photo of ) which could have been anything from old food, vomit, blood or excrement- it was difficult to tell.
I was moved to Room 002. This room reeked of damp and mould. The shower was a no-go area. I again took a photo of the mould around the tiles and shower tray. The bathroom was tiny- I could only fit one hand in the wash hand basin because it was so small and there was no shelf/ledge/cabinet to place toiletries. I had a rickety old cupboard to hang my clothes up but no drawers to put clothes in. The room was on the ground floor and the window had no nets on and over-looked the car park, so it was difficult to open the curtains. There was a ventilation grill above the bed that blew cold air on your face all night- just what you need in March! My tea cup was stained and had a sticky spoon in it with the residue of the previous occupants’ lunch on it. On my second night in this room an extremely high pitched whistling sound started from the room next door. This went on for nearly four hours. I contacted reception on 3 occasions. They told me they didn’t know what it was or what was in the room next door. It was some sort of plant room or electric cupboard I deduced. The room gave me a bad headache and ear-ache which caused me to struggle to sleep.
To be fair, the staff are brilliant and moved me to Room 311- an Executive Room. Thankfully this room was clean. Unfortunately, the walls in Best Western Hotels are stud framework and have no insulation in them, so you can literally hear someone ‘fart’ next door. Regrettably for me, I had a man (well I say man- it could have been a mule or walrus for all I know) next door to me that snored like a pig with asthma. He watched the TV until late at night, which I could hear so clearly because the walls are so thin that I could hear every word and then the snoring would begin. I measured the sound on my phone at around 35 dB (A). I have been awake since 2.30am because of it and I have to teach for 8 hours today.
Finally, the hotel is Indian themed and the restaurant only serves Indian food, so if you don’t like that, you are snookered. They do serve 4 English dishes, but one of them is soup and one is salad. I did find a great pub over the road (The Green Man) which served good food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Kenilworth hotels