“'spa review'”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kenilworth
Jersey, United Kingdom
“'spa review'”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I cant comment on the hotel, but we were here on a spa day- how pathetic!
the bold man on the desk was rude to us and so unhelpful, the first impression was awful.
The spa girl who didnt even know where the gym was !!?? (the gym was into the doors by reception where she was sitting!!) and she wasnt even new staff.
the treatment was un professional, it was like the young girl hadent ever done a massage or exfoliation before!, she made silly conversation and didnt make me feel relaxed.
the gym room was so small, there 1 changeing room,
I would never go to a q-hotel again after this experience - it was a waste of money!

Room Tip: choose another hotel with spa/gym
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Taurus_World
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear sonya.k

Thank you for your review following your visit to Chesford Grange for a Spa Day, I am very sorry you were disappointed with the facilities and the treatments.

In order for us to action your comments perhaps you could contact the hotel and let us know the date you visited as this is certainly not typical of our normal standards of service.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew Fox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Torquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We had a wonderful time at the Chesford Grange. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. A special thanks must go to Sam in reservations who helped us sort out and make the weekend special as it was our parents Golden Wedding. The food was very good, nice and hot and the service superb. Our waiter was called Jimmy and he and the rest of the staff couldn't do enough for us. Our rooms were a good size and very clean. I loved the bathroom especially the enormous bath, which I spoilt myself in with a long soak.
I would definitately stay here again. Thanks to all at the Chesford, you made it a wonderful weekend!!!!

Room Tip: Superior overlooking the grounds. If you want a very quiet area then these rooms are in the new blo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
AKFox1, General Manager at Chesford Grange - A QHotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Cheryl G

I am delighted you and your family had an enjoyable weekend at Chesford Grange for your parent's Golden Wedding Anniversary and our friendly team looked after you well.

I will pass on your thanks to Sam in reservations and Jimmy in the restaurant who will be rewarded through our staff recognition team - but it gives us all a boost to receive praise like this.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

UK
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We just spent the weekend at Chesford Grange (24-26th Feb 2012) and we had a nice time there.

Pros - easy to get to off the M40 and M42 whether you are coming from the North or the South. Location is brilliant for doing things in the area such as Warwick Castle, Kenilworth Castle etc. Near to Leamington Spa and Warwick which are nice to walk round. There are lots of good restaurants just a short drive away (The Saxon Mill (gastropub), and The Almanack in Kenilworth to name just 2). Nature trail round the hotel which is good when the kids need some fresh air.
The breakfast buffet and the times for breakfast. Clean room and good wifi (at least where we were the signal was good, it was patchy in other parts of the hotel)
The gym, though not large has a good range of equipment and some free weights.

Cons - car parking, the car park was almost always full and the connection from the event car park, which can be used as an overflow, to the main hotel is not great especially at night with children. The size of the pool, which is small and when we were there it was a mix of families with children in messing around and older ladies trying to do lengths. A rope splitting the pool would have made it more enjoyable for both groups as parents would not have had to watch kids all the time to make sure they didn't get in the way and the ladies would not have spent their time swimming round children.

Overall it was good and the reason I have rated it as average is that I don't think it deserves a very good. The staff were particularly nice and helpful throughout our stay. We also got a good deal on a family room + breakfast, which is why it is rated as very good for value

Dear Mike4328

Thank you for your post and your constructive comments regarding the 'pros' and 'cons' at Chesford Grange, although I am pleased that overall you and your family enjoyed your stay and you would recommend us to families for a break due to our fabulous location.

QHotels have many other family friendly hotels that are near to local attractions just go to the website for some great offers all year round.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was our third stay in a Q Hotel and our most pleasant yet. Stunning original building which definitely encouraged you to spend some time in the beautiful bar. Fantastically appointed superior room with generous bathroom, comfy beds and quirky decor. We opted to stay b&b this time but ended up dining in the hotel anyway (as the food at Q is always excellent) and we were not disappointed. Restuarant manager, Adam, was particularly friendly and made us feel so welcomed. Left feeling refreshed and determined to return in the not too distant future. Ps the fruit Shrewsbury biscuits are divine.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear M55EAH

Thank you for your superb review following your 3rd visit to Chesford Grange and I am delighted we did not disappoint you.

Your comments regarding the food have been passed to Chef and I am pleased our Restaurant Manager Adam made you welcome and looked after you well.

We very much look forward to your next visit.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel overnight as we were attending a function at Chesford Grange. We could not find a car park space to begin with & had to use the overflow car park & it was cold & raining. We had asked for an upgrade which I think we got but it was a disabled persons room. Nothing wrong with this at all but when I went into the bathroom there was every facility for a disabled person but all facilities were on the very low side for my husband & I. We struggled to get in & out of the bath & thank goodness there were handrails to grab so if anyone was actually disabled or had special needs I think they would be unable to get into the bath or use the shower! After I had showered the next morning I went to turn the shower off & turned the wrong control by mistake & actually scolded my chest with extremely hot water which once again could be a disaster if someone had special needs. I did complain to Reception but all they did was apologise. Rounds of drinks were very expensive on the Saturday night & the hotel is very tired & in need of a makeover.

Room Tip: Best to check room is what you requested before you unpack!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Jen581

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to attend a function, I am very sorry you had a mixed experience and were disappointed with the upgraded room. I have spoken to the receptionist who checked you out regarding the shower and I understand you were offered first aid but declined.

We have since checked the shower in this room as the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us and as you state, the dial was turned the wrong way as no fault was found with the equipment.

I hope this will not deter you from returning to a QHotel sometime in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a dinner dance. our first impression upon arrival was how welcoming and accommodating all the reception staff were, they really made you feel welcome. After checking in we went for a swim, nice little pool and it was not too crowded.
The bar area and staff were excellent, very attentive and noting was too much trouble. The same has to be said for the waiters and waitresses that looked after us all night too.
In a few words, excellent hotel, superb staff, lovely meal and I for one will be returning.
Well Done All

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear stuart s

Many thanks for your lovely review following your stay at Chesford Grange to attend a dinner dance and thank you for giving us a top score of 5.

Should you wish to return on a future occasion perhaps for a leisure break just go to the QHotels website for some great value offers all year round.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We spent a wonderful 4 nights at this hotel. We had two rooms, a double room with an inter-connecting door to a twin room for our teenage children. Both rooms were extremely clean, well furnished and very comfortable. Both bathrooms were decent sized,spotless with great showers. We eat in both the restaurant and the bar during our stay and the meals were excellent, as was the breakfast every morning. I cannot compliment the staff enough, they were always extremely polite, helpful and attentive. The only slight downside was the inability to have any spa treatments which was disappointing, apparently it is advisable to book these well in advance of your stay as they get 'booked up'. I overheard a few people unhappy that they couldn't have any treatments during their stay, it seems the beauty treatments are unavailable every Tuesday and Wednesday so it may be worth the hotel reconsidering this to accomodate their guest. Other than that, I cannot fault the hotel and staff - excellent.

Dear Holidaymaker90210

I am delighted you and your family had an excellent stay at Chesford Grange and you could not fault us. Thank you for giving us a top score. As you rightly state, due to the popularity of our beauty facilities booking in advance is essential and I am sorry you were disappointed.

We do open the facilities 7 days a week during main holidays but again, booking in advance is advisable. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Andrew Fox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenilworth
12.9 km away
7.6 km away
Mallory Court Hotel
Mallory Court Hotel
#1 of 16 in Leamington Spa

Been to Chesford Grange - A QHotel? Share your experiences!