All reviews cocktail bar cocktail package continental breakfast unlimited cocktails coffee machine elemis toiletries modern house black leather great wet room beautiful boutique hotel new build staff offer high street parking is limited bit limited car park shower room
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

I booked this place for a quick stopover. I stayed in the house at the rear which has been recently renovated into a hotel. On the whole it was very good. The bed was comfortable, it had a small desk and sofa inside the room. A Tassimo coffee machine was a nice touch. The shower room was very nicely done and everything you need is there. Shower is a little too good and has a tendency to come out quicker than the tray can cope with. I just popped a towel down which coped with he flood. The TV I didn’t get to work; but that is probably just me. Thanks for a nice stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2017

If you are a Scotch Whisky connoisseur, then you will love The Kenilworth Hotel. Both myself and friends have been there for an evening out and enjoyed their collectors editions with a full cheese board. Well worth an evening out, pleasant surroundings, cosy and intimate atmosphere - Worth a visit

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2017

We stayed in room 4, it was clean and the shower was good but it was a tiny room at the back of the hotel with the window facing directly at the reception entrance, which meant closing the curtains for privacy, felt really cramped even for two people to be honest. There was no cupboard but only limited space behind a mirror to hang clothes, with iron and ironing board in full view from the bed and a broken hairdryer. Only 2 small drawers in the bedside tables, which were chipped and nowhere to plug and charge phones overnight. A bulb was missing in the ceiling, a damaged ring on the curtains, TV so high it was near the ceiling, plus a loose toilet seat all meant for a bad impression. Added to this, we were kept awake by noisy folks outside the bar who were using the cover near our room. Added to this, the owner (I presume) couldn't even muster up a 'good morning' at breakfast, a meagre continental style offering and a request for butter and milk at 7.50am seemed too much to ask, they came but not without being made to feel we'd inconvenienced him. Finally, parking was a pain as cars were parked back to back and keys had to be left with reception in case any at the back needed to be moved before those at the front. An awful experience and hardly a boutique hotel in our view.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reece646
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Put in The Kenilworth by company travel department as business hotels nearby were full. Nice enough though it's clearly not aiming at business travellers: friendly but overworked staff who are also tending bar, no food, limited room soundproofing, punitive 48-hour cancellation which I fell afoul of on a subsequent trip when plans changed. I'll get it off the company travel list as that's not appropriate.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

We came here and stayed for my 30th had such a lovely time we decided to come back for our 6th anniversary after dinner......we booked the table for 23:00....turned up to a locked door....after calling the hotel we were greeted with "sorry we didn't know we had a booking this late" already making us feel un wanted me were sat in a corner, the ladies opposite us had 3 waiters attend to their table we had 0......20 mins later we ordered our 1st drink.......we were then left not checked sat with empty glasses for a further 25!! Mins while we watched staff stand around the bar chatting and tending to other tables......not really any apology, it was clear the door was locked as at the time, travellers were in Kenilworth and staff were discussing the issue with surrounding tables.......put a massive damper on our evening after telling so many people about this place.....staff really have let it down.....such a shame!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple