“Lockdown Sunday lunch”

Price range: US$25 - US$74
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located between the commercial centre and the heart of Stratford upon Avon’s “Old Town”, No9. Church St. is a grade II listed building dating back over 400 years.Renovated and refurbished to make the most of its original features and character the building is now home to Stratford’s latest addition to its vibrant and diverse restaurant scene.No.9 Church St. is the brain child of Wayne Thomson and Dan Robinson, friends and colleagues for the last 10 years and with over 30 years of culinary experience between them. Their aim is to make No.9 Church St. a town centre restaurant with a neighbourhood feel...serving seasonal British food with a contemporary twist in a relaxed environment with informal yet professional staff, the wine list will feature some fantastic Artisan wines at sensible prices.A unique feature of the restaurant will be Upstairs at No9. A private dining room offering bespoke, tailored menus and a dedicated Butler service to parties of up to 10 people, although larger parties can be catered for in the main restaurant by prior booking.
Reviewed January 17, 2021

We have just received our Sunday lunch delivery - to be finished off at home. It was delicious, couldn't fault it. We'll definitely be repeating the experience.

Date of visit: January 2021

Reviewed December 8, 2020 via mobile

We have tried various good quality restaurants but STILL return to no 9 ! Cannot fault the quality ambiance staff and , of course, the food ! It never varies it’s just good, each and every time . We don’t bother with any more restaurants now, if it’s not no 9 we stay home!!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed December 5, 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed an excellent take away 3 course dinner. Collected the meal on Saturday afternoon. It was beautifully packaged with simple re heating instructions. We are so sad that this restaurant along with all of the others in our town are still closed due to being unfairly placed in tier 3 but this take away cheered us up and really is excellent value for money. The menu changes every week and I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed October 31, 2020 via mobile

Without doubt, THE BEST meal that we’ve had this year. Not only was the service exemplary but the food was absolutely amazing. I’m writing this review whilst still at our table because I feel so passionately about how good this has been. We’ve dined in some amazing places over the last few years but I have to say that this, hands down, beats them all. I so cannot wait to come back very soon after the forthcoming Lockdown 2. I’m sure that, even though we live 100 miles away in rural Lincolnshire, this is going to be a special and regular place for use to visit.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed October 30, 2020 via mobile

So first off I’d like to say that the service was excellent and the location is great with nice quirks and good social distancing in place AND parts of the food were good, the cauliflower starter was AMAZING.... BUT my pork pie starter was so disappointing, it was just so mushy and needed seasoning. My partners steak main was so disappointing, the steak was cooked perfectly but tiny and the sides of greasy oven chips and unseasoned mushroom was horrid! My pheasant main was the worst dish though! The heritage carrots were perfect but the jus was brown, tasteless water and the tiny slither of pheasant breast was over cooked with zero seasoning or flavour!
We didn’t order desert as we couldn’t bear any more disappointment :(
How this is in the Michelin Guide is beyond me!!

Date of visit: October 2020