We have just stayed 2 nights in this hotel over the easter weekend, the location cannot be beaten as it is located on the edge of the River Avon and just a 5 minute walk from the town centre and RSC Theatre. Car Parking in Stratford Upon Avon can be a big problem, and expensive, but this hotel has a large car park charged at an acceptable £5 per night. We had an Executive Room (number 1099) with a view to the front of the hotel looking towards the RSC Theatre, the room had a very comfortable king bed, but the bathroom was a little small and the climate control system was somewhat noisy when switched on, however for 2 nights it was fine. We didn't use the pool and health club area but friends of ours said it was ok but in need of a refurb. The Breakfast was excellent, very good choices of cereals and hot and cold selections, we have stayed at Hilton Hotels in the past and the breakfast at this Holiday Inn was as good as, if not better, than some of the Hiltons we have stayed in. All the staff in the hotel were very friendly and extremely helpful, especially the restaurant breakfast staff and Duty Managers Mark and Julie. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the River Avon and set in beautiful landscaped gardens, the Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon is the perfect location for discovering the delights of Shakespeare's birthplace, while other local attractions and historical sites are within walking distance. The hotel is within easy reach of J15 off the M40 and 20 miles from Birmingham Airport and the NEC and only a short drive from the amazing Warwick Castle. All 259 refurbished bedrooms have air-conditioning, wireless internet access and tea and coffee making facilities. Car parking is available at the hotel with over 300 spaces on site. Renowned as an excellent meeting and conference venue and with the impressively modernised Ballroom with adjoining exhibition areas Holiday Inn Stratford-upon-Avon can host events for up to 550 delegates. To dine in style, the Terrace Lounge and Bar and the Riverside Restaurant offer excellent food to suit all tastes. Or to really unwind and recuperate, the leisure club is available for all guests to use with a wide range of first class facilities including a fully equipped gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and whirlpool. Discover Stratford-upon-Avon and visit the many nearby places of interest including the National Exhibition Centre, The Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Warwickshire and the Heritage Motor Centre. The Hotel, in compliance with UK smoking regulations, is completley non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and IHG so you can book your Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stratford-Upon-Avon Hotel Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stratford Upon Avon Holiday Inn