All reviews great location guest house full english town centre one way system shops restaurants busy road plenty of tea coffee b and b central location car park top floor ensuite room breakfast was excellent pleasant stay five minute walk stayed here for nights
Reviewed July 26, 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Great location, comfortable double room with shower, tea & coffee making facilities and a scrummy full English breakfast too. Quaint feeling to the place too which makes it feel much more personal than a large hotel chain. Also free parking and easy walking distance to the theatre and town centre. Highly recommended. Also traffic noise which others have mentioned was not an issue for us and we were in a front ground floor room and are usually light sleepers. Friendly helpful ladies serving breakfast too.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2015

If (like us) you want a reasonably priced hotel within 5 minutes walk of the canal boats and shops with free parking, wifi and a good breakfast, stay at Applegarth guest house.

We stayed in room 9 at the back of the hotel, the bed was really comfy and the room, clean. You can hear a bit of traffic from the road, but it didn't stop us getting a good nights sleep...twice!

The lady who served our breakfast was really friendly and offered us the choice of fruit salad, cereals, toast and a cooked breakfast... so naturally we had everything :)

The only slight downside was a bit of a frosty reception from the older gentlemen on reception, although he seemed to cheer up by the end of our stay.

The decor is a little tired in places, but free parking and a great location more than makes up for this in my opinion.

Room Tip: The all important wifi password is on the wall to the right of the reception desk.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnaherron
Reviewed July 8, 2015

This is a friendly centrally located B&B, 5 minutes from the Shakespeare theatres. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. The full English breakfast is a delight. Cost is reasonable. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I have no complaints about this B&B, room clean and tidy, excellent breakfast service, friendly staff. Maybe would be nice to have guest information written down, in a folder as usual in these places. Also no Wifi but you can log on to the Best Western hotel's opposite. It was let down by the horrendous motor traffic in Stratford and the noise does not help you sleep. One reason I came by train, I suggest you do too.

Room Tip: Come by train and spare the town yet another car!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2015

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in June and were really disappointed.

Good points:
* Bedroom & en-suite were faultless
* Great location - literally 2 mins walk into the town centre
* Free parking - very rare in Stratford

Bad points:
* It is located on a very busy junction of a main road which is REALLY noisy constantly
* Breakfast was poor in comparison to all the other B&B's we've stayed at. Small portions and very little choice other than a full English
* My biggest disappointment was the staff and customer service. From the guy on reception to the staff who served us at breakfast, the staff were all extremely unfriendly and unwelcoming. Nobody bothered to say hello or make any conversation with us at check in or throughout our stay. I never saw a smile on anyones face the whole time which amazed me! We didn't even get asked how our stay was on checkout.
* The whole place really needs updating - it feels and looks very old and uncared for

All in all, the whole place is generally lacking any love and care and none of the staff seem to want to be there which is such a shame as it has such potential. It is very rare I write a negative review but I wouldn't recommend this place. There must be far nicer in Stratford. Such a shame.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple