Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor
Review Highlights
Usually a very good experience

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$29.50
from US$8.40
from US$22.90
More Info
All reviews steam room rasul treatment spa days relaxation room lovely relaxing day spa staff treatment rooms my mum salt scrub lovely products aqua aerobics excellent spa elemis products birthday treat dressing gowns head massage minute treatment
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I booked for a birthday treat and went on a Monday afternoon with my husband. We both had a spa package which included 45 minutes of treatment we both choose a back massage head massage and facial. The treatments were really good. The staff were very welcoming. On arrival someone showed us where everything was and all staff we spoke to were very nice. The pre treatement area is lovely very relaxing. And the spa facilities were brilliant. Everywhere was clean. We had a great day and would really recommend to anyone

Reviewed 1 week ago

Having been a member for few years the new owners Bannatyne are working hard to improve the experience at Wildmoor, new gym equipment and lots of new staff all are bedding in. The food is usually to a good standard and value and serving staff are always friendly and helpful. A minor point the change in breads is a backward step as its thin and does not toast well

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Booked a spa day with my 18 year old daughter to include an Elemis facial and head massage. I wouldn’t call it a spa experience , more of a day pass at a health club/gym and a treatment.
We had a nice friendly welcome from reception and a helpful tour. Unfortunately the classes we wanted to book were fully booked and this could have been organised before the day if the website had suggested you to book.
We had a nice breakfast in the brasserie but the tables weren’t clean or cleared.
The changing rooms were good with Elemis products.
The pool area was quiet and had lovely seating and hammocks . There is a steam room and sauna and another room that is just warm and for relaxing . There was a huge jacuzzi which was vigorous but very foamy which put me off.
We did a yoga class although had booked body balance which we were happy with but there was a bit of dissent from some other members expecting a different class .
Lunch was served back in the brasserie and again there seemed a lack of staff and tables weren’t clean. The food was fine - cod on vegetables steamed in paper.
We didn’t explore the gym as we had come for a spa experience. Most people were members and there were a few spa day folk conspicuous in dressing gowns.
The facial was excellent with lovely products - thank you Clare. Lovely and relaxing head and neck massage too.
If I was joining a gym I would seriously consider it but as a spa day I think I would recommend spending more and going to Ragdale hall.
Value for money was very good as the facial was excellent.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I came here a long time ago, before it became a Bannantyne and it was amazing.I was a little concerned it may not be as high standard as it was but I was wrong.The facilities are still amazing, fab pool, steam room and treatment rooms and the staff cannot do enough for you.We treated ourselves to an afternoon tea at the end of our spa, you got to choose your sandwich filling, and got lovely selection of cake, scones, croissants and fruit sticks.A perfect end to a perfect day! Will be coming back again

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

If you remember the “Britas Empire” a sit com about a sports centre, it is alive and well and at Wildmoore, nice people and food but chaos. Queue to get in, queue for the treatments.
The worst part is they allow people to have camera phones by the pool, by the jet bath, in the treatment rooms and the relaxation room for the treatment area all areas where people are in robes, my wife was really uncomfortable about 4 men having camera phones in the pool area so she left as did other women their.
Maybe it’s just us but I don’t want other people with camera phones when I’m at a spa or in robes or swimming costumes.
So all up it was OK but it’s not a spa it’s a slightly laddish gym with treatments.
At the poolside a group of lads started bombing and horseplay in the pool noisily , I am no prude but not what I expect from a spa, I expect privacy, relaxation, chilling out.
So I don’t think we will go back or to any Bannatyne gyms / spa’s.

4  Thank Gavin A
Reviewed September 28, 2018

Been a member for 4 weeks, friendly staff welcome you every time. Equipment is second to none and classes appear popular, building the courage to join in. All the facilities are well maintained and spotlessly clean. Feeling fitter all ready.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

****Amazing spa day*** We had a spa break for two Booked. we were greeted with a welcome pack and a complimentary drink. We were then shown around the facilities by the spa manager who was very friendly/professional. We had two treatments, the first was a Rasul mud treatment which we would highly recommend to anyone, very relaxing and fun at the same time, you are given privacy and time to enjoy at your own pace. I then had a facial which was very relaxing, and my partner had a back massage which he said was amazing. Afterwards we had a lovely afternoon tea which we really enjoyed. Overall a brilliant experience and we would highlu recommend to anyone.

2  Thank jenlizp
Reviewed August 30, 2018

I booked to have occasion make-up done at this Spa for a wedding I was attending on the evening of Saturday 25th August, I'm not local to Stratford-upon-Avon and therefore relied on Google and reviews to pick the best business that offered the service.

Upon booking I should've known I'd made a huge mistake! I couldn't find anything about make-up on their website despite seeing it advertised via a Google link so decided to call the Spa, two hours later I'd been unable to get through, had left a message with the Health Club receptionist, rang head office who confirmed they did do make-up but that the booking had to be made with the Spa in question and sent a Facebook message to the business page.

Someone from the Spa gave me a call back about three hours later to say that they didn't offer occasion make-up, when I said I'd spoken to head office and they'd said they did offer the service she said she didn't know why they'd said that to me but they didn't. About half an hour later the Spa's Facebook messaged me back with a link to an online booking portal for occasion make-up. Finally I was booked in!

On Saturday morning someone from the Spa called me to say there was a problem with my booking, I confirmed the details as requested and asked what the issue was to be told that they didn't know and they'd transfer me to the Duty Manager who advised that the person due to do my make-up had called in sick and therefore they'd need to re-book my appointment.

I informed them that I didn't want to re-book as I'd booked in specifically to have my make-up done for a wedding that evening, she then checked with the Spa who said they had another appointment at 5pm that day - I was re-booked, crisis averted. Not!

About 11am I received another call from the Spa, this time it was to advise that although I'd paid £29 to have occasion make-up done they couldn't do occasion make-up because "30mins isn't enough time", they'd only got "limited samples available" due to "practicing looks on each other" and that if I was happy to go in and have my make-up done then that was okay but they had to make me aware that I essentially wouldn't get my money's worth.

By this point I'd had a belly-full and asked for a refund, fortunately at the time I was out at the Maybird Shopping Park and had to run into Boots to grab something. Whilst I was in there I spotted a Clinique counter and on the off-chance asked if they did make-up and if so if they could get me in that day. A lovely girl called Kim booked me in and did my make-up a few hours later - she did an absolutely brilliant job, highly recommend!!!

Here we are Thursday 30th August, I've checked my bank account and the money for my make-up appointment that never was has been taken and I've received nothing from the Spa regarding a refund. I've called them, got no answer, called again and had the Health Club answer (seriously they should charge a receptionist fee to the Spa!) who put me through to Head Office where I spoke to a lady called Rachel who place me on hold after hearing why I'd called, I'd barely heard the hold music before she hung up on me!

I proceeded to call the Spa again, this time I spoke to a helpful gentleman who has taken a message to give to Fran (the Spa's Manager) to give me a call back after 4pm today to resolve this saga. It may be a bit premature to post a review but quite frankly I don't think someone could pay me to use this Spa after this experience! Not only that but it was my first (and last!) experience of using a Bannatyne's Health Club and Spa, I've never had to deal with a more incompetent business in my life. Here's hoping someone calls me back and I get the £29 refunded that they made me pay upon booking for a service they couldn't offer me in the first place.

7  Thank Katie R
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Been a member of this Spa/Gym for many years, mainly a gym and yoga class user. Facilities wonderful, with new and updated equipment a regular event. Superb yoga studio. However, the real praise is for the staff. Desk staff always welcoming, although there are times when they are full on with queries and phone calls. Never feel neglected though.
Gym manager, Jade, a thoughtful and knowledgeable team leader and the classes are cutting edge (I'm an ex-PE teacher so like to think I have a little knowledge of this). Small classes treated as professionally as larger ones.
Yoga classes varied and superb. Graeme's allow you to really aspire to improve - amazingly passionate about his art (can't call it anything else due to his inspirational approach). His amazing knowledge of injury therapy through yoga has saved me having a shoulder joint operation!
Caroline, Ben and Lisa equally inspirational with their yoga classes. There is a class to suit all.
Finally, restaurant staff superb - efficient and VERY hard working.
Overall, the Wildmoor ticks all our boxes - criticism is easy, but praise is well earned here.
DC

1  Thank Dave C
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Well where do I start?
Left waiting for 20 mins in the brasserie before having to ask how to get through to the Spa and the time for our treatments.
Went through to the pool to find very loud banging music and a pool full of an aqua-aerobics class - NOT very relaxing!
The mud chamber for our treatment had dirty paper pants on the floor.
The lunch menu was missing the starter we both chose, and didn’t have any dairy free dessert options.
There was work going on all afternoon and it sounded like someone was trying to drill through the ceiling.
I asked for some larger flip flops and asked what I should do with the too-small ones ‘bin them’ was the response with a casual wave of the hand; there was no bin, luckily another member of staff took them for us.
Overall, a disappointing day. Lots of little things wrong, that led to a much less than satisfactory experience. Attention to detail and good planning and customer service has gone out the window; this no longer feels like a relaxing, luxury place to escape to, now it’s somewhere where you feel like an inconvenience to people. We won’t be back.

3  Thank Siani D