“Another chill-out pampered day ”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The Dormice extended family go to spa days at Wildmoor, following the recommendation of a former colleague. Our recent visit was as wonderful as ever....easy booking, welcoming smiles, well planned day ...chill-out massages, perfect toe-nails (or should that be toe-claws? ).

Client cosseting can be seen in this small event ....we had ordered lunch ..,the front of house lady from the restaurant checked we were happy not to have a main course (starter and puds as Mr Dormouse cooking that evening) .. were we sure ...we were ..it was plentiful and delicious. And the attention to detail given I have serious food allergies has always been fantastic. My sister thought the hot stone massage was great....my deep tissue massage helped melt those tension knots away. My tootsies looked lovely. Thank you again, Wildmoor for another relaxing oasis day !

1  Thank DrDormouse

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I live in the locality and Wildmoor is my local gym and spa. First off, Wildmoor is set in a little area surrounded by some greenery, trees and even a little duck house which makes you feel that you're in the country somewhere to be able to forget about the troubles of the world. There's plenty of parking and even an on site valet service. Now, I use this place as my gym. The Gym is excellent with lots of machines and free weights, and has just recently had a makeover which has helped it some what. It's pretty relaxed at most points with access to all machines pretty much at any time, but does get busy at the usual peak times. WIldmoor has a massive pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room, which are truly lovely and just what you need after some exercise. As for the Spa, I have had a couple of treatments from Elemis Therapists and I have to say that the treatments are superb and the staff always friendly and talkative. What I would say however is that Wildmoor is trying to be a 5 Star Spa Retreat and it fails in places. I used to manage a 5 Star Resort and Spa, so on a personal level I feel like I can critique to a point. It let's itself down on simple things. The main "eatery" area is always messy. On a busy day I have seen the plates and cups pile up. The staff at the Eatery aren't overly friendly either from what I can see. Where you have your lunch is in the main thoroughfare area which those just using the gym have to walk through, so when you're sat there in your towel and slippers after just having a facial, it's not really that relaxing. The changing rooms really lack in places with some broken doors, and lockers without hangers. My biggest bug bear is that those who h ave a membership can have a platinum membership which guarantees them a locker and robes, so trying to find a free locker at times is a nightmare, and sometimes they're just left open with robes and other peoples clothes in. The relax area where you wait before your treatment is quite pleasant, but again, isn't staffed or catered for enough in my opinion. On the times I have been in there, there are always empty water glasses and the room in slight dissaray, The treatment rooms are very pleasant also and the treatments fantastic, You also get an opportunity to buy authorised spa products after your treatment which are displayed very nicely. For a whole Spa Day, I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you are in the local area as it doesn't have that Spa Day Feel. As a Gym, it's pretty much everything you need and I wouldn't change it. If they could fix the aforementioned bug bears, it would be a place that could really compete.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Been coming a couple of times a year for over 10 years. Has declined a little each time to today's low point. They have up dated the gym so the members will be pleased. However day spa has a lacklustre and 'unpampering' feel now despite the fact the treatment prices being quite high. Lovely products and the therapists are good. But the dining area staff are disinterested in customer care to the point of rudeness. Will try somewhere else for next pamper day. And we saw a large rodent in the outside relax area which we have reported. Grim

1  Thank hardycotswolds
Reviewed 20 June 2017

My first massage for about 4 years, and it was worth the wait. Staff friendly and helpful , and the Swedish massage was very relaxing

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We visited Wildmoor Spa for the second time as mum and daughter and we absolutely love it. We did a spa day each consisting of a two course lunch, one free drink each, and a 60 minute treatment each.
Both therapists were very good and mum says that her therapist Natasha was so passionate about her job and it shone through - the best hot stone massage she has ever received.