Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor
Review Highlights
Spa Day

My daughter took me for my 60th Birthday. We were greeted by a smiling receptionist who asked us to... read more

Reviewed August 8, 2018
MAT1958
via mobile
Amazing

I came here a long time ago, before it became a Bannantyne and it was amazing.I was a little... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

from US$30.20
from US$53.70
from US$53.70
More Info
All reviews steam room rasul treatment spa days relaxation room spa staff lovely relaxing day my mum aqua aerobics salt scrub spa area excellent spa birthday treat staff were friendly minute treatment couldn't fault member of staff lockers
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Had an extremely relaxing day... really friendly helpful & pleasant staff.

Treatments were superb and lovely tasty lunch with a nice chilled glass of prosecco.

Relaxing ambience, with a lovely private changing room.

1  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed August 31, 2017

AVOID - awful customer service. Booked a spa day for £130 (2x treatments, lunch, spa) to celebrate close friend's six-month trip to New Zealand. As I'm newly pregnant, followed up with team to work out which treatments were safe.

On the day, at reception, again talked through my pregnancy and what was safe. The spa itself was fine, if dated and small (the spa's shared with a gym so the clientele are varied, and the pool is half relaxed spa guests and half high-energy gym goers).

When it was time for our treatments, I was suddenly told by my therapist that she wasn't comfortable giving me the massage - after some debate, we agreed I'd have an hour long facial instead. The therapist left me on the bed with my glasses off. I waited for ten minutes and another less friendly woman came in to say the team had spoken and could not offer me ANY treatment.

As I'd travelled for hours to get there, this was very upsetting - no apology, no other treatments offered. I was so upset and angry, especially as I then had to wait for an hour for my friend to leave the treatments. I sat, visibly upset and pregnant, in reception as their whole team ignored me.

I then complained over email to a rude manager who did not apologise and offered me vouchers vs a refund (no use as I would never return somewhere with such awful service). Two weeks now and no refund. I very rarely say this but strongly recommend avoiding this place.

1  Thank Sarah D
Wildmoor, Manager at Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear Sarah,

We are very sad to read your review, at Wildmoor we pride ourselves on customer service. In this instance though, we must be honest and state that we were misinformed by yourself In regards to your stage of pregnancy.
Our company policy is to not treat anyone under the definite 12 week term, we are very strict on this policy for the safety of our customers, as a company we cannot take the risk in putting our customers at risk by performing treatments under 12 weeks. This policy is not only noted in our brochure but was also discussed with your Spa Day Scheduler over email. After a full investigation, management have been assured numerous apologies were offered to you on the day, just like our Spa Manager did in writing on reply to your complaint. As a company, we strongly feel we are not at fault but understand how upsetting & frustrating the experience must have been for you hence our gesture to credit the money back on to a voucher.

Regards

The Wildmoor Team

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

The Dormice extended family go to spa days at Wildmoor, following the recommendation of a former colleague. Our recent visit was as wonderful as ever....easy booking, welcoming smiles, well planned day ...chill-out massages, perfect toe-nails (or should that be toe-claws? ).

Client cosseting can be seen in this small event ....we had ordered lunch ..,the front of house lady from the restaurant checked we were happy not to have a main course (starter and puds as Mr Dormouse cooking that evening) .. were we sure ...we were ..it was plentiful and delicious. And the attention to detail given I have serious food allergies has always been fantastic. My sister thought the hot stone massage was great....my deep tissue massage helped melt those tension knots away. My tootsies looked lovely. Thank you again, Wildmoor for another relaxing oasis day !

1  Thank DrDormouse
Reviewed July 31, 2017

I live in the locality and Wildmoor is my local gym and spa. First off, Wildmoor is set in a little area surrounded by some greenery, trees and even a little duck house which makes you feel that you're in the country somewhere to be able to forget about the troubles of the world. There's plenty of parking and even an on site valet service. Now, I use this place as my gym. The Gym is excellent with lots of machines and free weights, and has just recently had a makeover which has helped it some what. It's pretty relaxed at most points with access to all machines pretty much at any time, but does get busy at the usual peak times. WIldmoor has a massive pool, sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room, which are truly lovely and just what you need after some exercise. As for the Spa, I have had a couple of treatments from Elemis Therapists and I have to say that the treatments are superb and the staff always friendly and talkative. What I would say however is that Wildmoor is trying to be a 5 Star Spa Retreat and it fails in places. I used to manage a 5 Star Resort and Spa, so on a personal level I feel like I can critique to a point. It let's itself down on simple things. The main "eatery" area is always messy. On a busy day I have seen the plates and cups pile up. The staff at the Eatery aren't overly friendly either from what I can see. Where you have your lunch is in the main thoroughfare area which those just using the gym have to walk through, so when you're sat there in your towel and slippers after just having a facial, it's not really that relaxing. The changing rooms really lack in places with some broken doors, and lockers without hangers. My biggest bug bear is that those who h ave a membership can have a platinum membership which guarantees them a locker and robes, so trying to find a free locker at times is a nightmare, and sometimes they're just left open with robes and other peoples clothes in. The relax area where you wait before your treatment is quite pleasant, but again, isn't staffed or catered for enough in my opinion. On the times I have been in there, there are always empty water glasses and the room in slight dissaray, The treatment rooms are very pleasant also and the treatments fantastic, You also get an opportunity to buy authorised spa products after your treatment which are displayed very nicely. For a whole Spa Day, I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you are in the local area as it doesn't have that Spa Day Feel. As a Gym, it's pretty much everything you need and I wouldn't change it. If they could fix the aforementioned bug bears, it would be a place that could really compete.

Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

Been coming a couple of times a year for over 10 years. Has declined a little each time to today's low point. They have up dated the gym so the members will be pleased. However day spa has a lacklustre and 'unpampering' feel now despite the fact the treatment prices being quite high. Lovely products and the therapists are good. But the dining area staff are disinterested in customer care to the point of rudeness. Will try somewhere else for next pamper day. And we saw a large rodent in the outside relax area which we have reported. Grim

1  Thank hardycotswolds