“Stunningly Beautiful”

Bannatyne Health Club & Spa Wildmoor
Reviewed 16 November 2017

What a fantastic find. The venue is stunning and in its own surroundings. The staff were very friendly and the place was well maintained. The food in the bar was great and was served with a smile. The chicken, bacon and avocado salad was my fave. I definitely look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank Likestotravelallover

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I came with my partner for a spa day, having paid around £350, we were both highly disappointed. Firstly, I would say that the website is somewhat misleading due to the fact that there aren’t many pictures giving you an overview of the entire place. I would be very happy if this place was my local gym but not for an expensive spa day. I would certainly not come back here for a spa day in the future but would instead opt for the Cotswolds Hotel Spa in Chipping Campden. The staff at Wildmoor were very unfriendly and rude, with, it seems, no understanding of good customer service. I wouldn’t expect this type of attitude from staff at a local gym let alone a highly priced spa where you come to relax and feel good. I must say that my deep tissue massage was pleasant, hence the two-stars. However, the food was poor quality, and not many choices for someone who is health-conscious. You are offered one “free” drink but excludes many off the menu, so I had to pay for my green smoothie (I was told it was a green juice but it was clearly a smoothie blended with a lot of ice, a bit like a “slush-puppy”) at £3.70. Really, if you’re told lunch is included then all drink options should be included, particularly soft drinks that aren’t very expensive compared to the amount of money you’ve paid for a spa day. I didn’t expect to be told to pay for my soft drink. There is also no tea or coffee available in the spa waiting area or canteen/restaurant which is really a standard in all spas I’ve visited, but just a jug of water and some small plastic cups. I therefore got my one “free” cup of chamomile tea. Anyhow, the restaurant is not actually a restaurant per-say but rather like a local cafe that you would find in a mediocre gym or school canteen, which is situated by the entrance area. My partner and I felt rather uncomfortable sitting in the “restaurant” in our spa dressing gowns whilst the locals, who clearly use this place as their local gym, are walking past you. The ladies showers were basic and unclean, with a rather unpleasant smell; and there is no shampoo available which means either bring your own or wash with the cheap shower gel in one of those old fashion pumps on the wall. Upon leaving I mentioned to the rather unfriendly, I’m guessing, spa assistant, that I only went for the basic pedicure rather than the gel pedicure due to a misunderstanding on my part and was told: “well, they are the same price or there abouts” so I asked her if they were the same price or if they were not, and she told me “well it’s only £5 difference and you’ve already paid so you can’t get any money back but it’s only £5”. No apology, no customer service skills at all, just a very rude and insincere answer. To me it isn’t about the £5 it’s about good customer service which was nonexistent. I left here feeling rather upset about the whole experience. My nail technician was also very unfriendly, although she did a nice job on my feet, I felt she didn’t want to be there and was just unfriendly and made me feel quite uncomfortable sitting there whilst having my feet done. Therefore, I would not recommend this place as a spa day nor will I be returning, and I somewhat regret choosing to come here in the first place.

6  Thank Jade A
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We just wanted to let you all know what a super day we had at this spa.

▶️It was great to start the da y with an amazing experience at aqua aerobics
▶️A very helpful set of staff who treated us so very well and gave such great massages. Emma, Casey and KAte provided excellent massages, and certainly got all my shoulder knots sorted
▶️ a wonderfully tasty lunch , served very speedily
▶️ we also enjoyed the lovely sauna, steam room and swimming pool facilities very much.
▶️ it was so lovely and quiet and we had lots of space to swim and relax in the various rooms.
D,S & J

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We booked the Rasul spa day via buyagift.com. Had a wonderful day with amazing food, and lots of relaxing in the sauna, steam room and cauldarium. The highlight was absolutely the mud ritual. Both of us felt our skin had never felt so soft! Ideal for good friends or couples to enjoy. A wonderfully indulgent hour. We will be back!!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I booked the Couples Spa Day for our first Wedding Anniversary, not really being a somebody that has been to a Spa before I was a little apprehensive of what to expect. But from the moment we arrived we was made to feel very welcome and put at ease. We had our welcome brief over a welcome drink then on to the tour of the Spa, it was very clean and all off the staff were welcoming. We was booked for two treatments a full Swedish massage which was in a dual room and again the staff was excellent. We had Louise and Chelsea carry out our treatment and they was very good.
Our second treatment was the Rasul what an experience that was, good fun but make sure you know the person you go with well as you may need there help applying the treatment.
We upgraded our lunch menu from two to three course and once again the food was very fresh and well presented. There is nothing we could fault from our visit here and will be booking again for sure.