“Fair”
Review of Dough & Brew

Dough & Brew
Ranked #30 of 155 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$3 - US$26
Description: Amazing food & drink in an urban industrial setting. Sourdough Neapolitan style pizza cooked in a genuine wood fired oven, delicious Belgian style waffles, incredible coffee from award winning local roasters, great local beers, huge milkshakes made with ice cream, beautiful cocktails made to order and an simple but worthy selection of wine & fizz.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

On arrival our booked table wasn’t ready. We had to wait half an hour stood at the bar. As the restaurant is quite small we had to keep moving to allow the staff to pass through. However, when we finally sat down, we thoroughly enjoyed this restaurant. It’s a cute little rustic place, and the food and beer menu is very extensive! The pizza is delicious! Staff were friendly but very busy.
I would return.

BrewAndDough, Owner at Dough & Brew, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Looking for somewhere for Brunch on Easter Sunday and came across this place. Very trendy, modern with great local food served where possible. Menu looks fab so can't wait to return to try their pizzas named after some of the Greats such as Sophia, Clark, Mork and Mindy! They even have a film Club on a Sunday (and will put on a film on request too) and Magician this afternoon which we sadly missed. Staff were friendly and attentive. Definitely recommend!!

BrewAndDough, Owner at Dough & Brew, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Was excited to go as been trying to get a booking for a while. Positives are still there as the menu is very good, quite different and the pizza are excellent quality with different toppings to the norm. The prices are good value for money too

Unfortunately we realised there was an issue when a table of 6 who arrived after us got their starters before us and we were just a table of two. I reported the problem but still waited a very long time and not till I threatened to walk out did they arrive. This was about an hour after we had arrived and it was not too busy.

Not sure what happened but then my plate was cleared when my husband was still eating , one of my pet hates . Then to top it off the pizza main arrived when my husband had not finished his starter!

The staff where aware of the issue and did only charge us for the drinks which is very good service wise as we did not ask for this. So very proactive response

Unfortunately not sure I would return as I would be worried about the service again. Shame as fab place with good vibe. The films being able to watch withheadphones is a great idea too. Missed my Chardonnay white as no,option for this on the menu

BrewAndDough, Owner at Dough & Brew, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Hi Jufeen
Thank you for your review, I’m glad you loved the food and I’m sorry that our system let us both down.

I believe the issue was caused by our ordering system failing to send the order to the kitchen. It happens occasionally unfortunately, but the team should have picked up that you hadn’t received food. I’m also sorry the plate was cleared whilst your husband was still eating and that your pizza arrived before you’d finished the starter. The team, I think were just a little over zealous at this point.

As you acknowledged the food was on us, obviously we would rather you had your food on time and I’m confident that if you tried us again you would get the experience we wish all our customers to get.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, atmosphere and service despite the restaurant being busy. Easy to see why it's so popular! Will be back again soon!

DoughAndBrew, Owner at Dough & Brew, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Reviewed March 11, 2018

First visit & place was dirty, staff clearly have no training and management have no PR skills!
Everyone has the same miserable look on their faces, a smile is free.
The food is hit and miss, dough had a chemical after taste, bacon was too sweet for a savoury pizza, burnt crust and, judging by the picture above (the pizza with an egg on it)
burnt pizza not a good photo to publish and the egg white still looks translucent and not cooked through, let’s hope nobody ate that one? I must admit my palate is trained as I am in the food industry so I am not the usual customer this place may have across their threshold, but I like to give a fair and honest opinion. My colleague enjoyed the short rib beef pizza, that went down very well. I did not complain as it was only a pizza but from your previous comments on here you welcome constructive feedback...

2  Thank Warwickonian
BrewAndDough, Owner at Dough & Brew, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Warwickonian

Thank you for your feedback, obviously not what we had hoped for.

I welcome, as you noted, constructive feedback. As a small independent business it is very important to understand how we can improve. To address your comments;
Perhaps you could let me know when you visited as to understand how and why the place was dirty?
Perhaps you can also let me understand what you mean when you say the staff clearly have no training and the management no PR skills? As for the staff all having the same miserable look on their face, I'm regularly being told by customers how lovely and friendly the staff are so I'm not sure why they looked miserable with you?
The title of your review says missing opportunities? I'm not sure what this is referring too?
When you say the food is hit and miss is this based on the fact that your colleague enjoyed their meal and you didn't enjoy yours?
Our Maple roasted bacon is sweet, it's expected to be sweet, it's roasted in maple syrup. It's designed to give a balance with the sourdough. The dough you said had a chemical aftertaste, it is a sourdough, made on site using natural ingredients, perhaps your trained palette mistook the sour notes?
The picture you refer to is attached to a 5 star review, which suggests the customer was clearly happy with the food and most probably asked for the base to be over cooked as some customers do. You may have taken the time to see the other photos which demonstrate a variety of base finishes. As you are a food industry expert I don't need to explain that wood fired pizza is expected to have burnt elements to it.
I'm uncertain as to what you food industry role is, but I can tell you that our customers include several Michelin starred chefs and highly respected chefs from around the area, so we are quite accustomed to having people with trained palettes eat and complement our food.

You didn't complain, most probably the least constructive element of your unconstructive review, instant feedback is much more useful.

Judging from your only other review on Iceland you clearly shouldn't be allowed to post reviews; Iceland is known for being expensive compared to the UK and to complain that the Northern Lights didn't make an appearance just sums you up!

If you want to give constructive feedback, I suggest you learn how to be constructive first. In the meantime you may be better not reviewing businesses in a damaging and quite frankly idiotic way.