“Poor service but good food.”
Review of The Racehorse

The Racehorse
Ranked #62 of 155 Restaurants in Warwick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I’d booked a table for 7.30 and, when we arrived, we were immediately shown to our table by the Manager. He said our waitress would be with us shortly and the restaurant wasn’t busy and there were two waitresses chatting to each other. After 10 minutes of being ignored I went to the bar and told the barman that we were waiting for our order to be taken. He said he would send someone over to take our order and a waitress arrived a couple of minutes later. She asked us what we wanted and I told her that my wife wanted a cocktail and I wanted a pint of the local beer. She looked quizzically at me and I asked her what the problem was and she said that the barman told her that we wanted to order food. I said I also wanted to order food and asked if it was a problem ordering a drink as well and she said no. After waiting another 20 minutes our food arrived but not our drinks. I asked the waitress where our drinks were, she said that it was busy and cocktails take a long time to make but they shouldn’t be long. There was one customer at the bar at the time and one barman. The drinks arrived at 8.05, 35 minutes after we arrived. The food was good, as were the drinks, but the service is very poor.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We have been in here several times in the past and noted that the greeting of customers was at best confused, at worst diabolical, the tables were sticky and the sometimes the food was clearly reheated. However we like to give places a chance and when it was closed for a refurb we decided to return once reopened. What a waste of time. It wasn’t very busy... so asked for a table for two. The girl we spoke to behind the bar just told us to wait and the manager would be right with us. She never asked if we wanted a drink. Basic fail. After being left stood there like muppets for 15 minutes watching the manager swanning around not doing much we walked out and went to another local pub.... please sort out the guest meeting and greeting. That was dreadful and we are not going to rush back!!!

2  Thank tanyaw109
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

The pub has just been opened after a major refurbishment.
Excellent food and friendly service.
As Arnie said "I'll be back"

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Great Sunday road, everything was fresh, great vegetables and the beef was fantastic, great homemade Yorkshire pud, couldn't fault the service or the quality. Mi will definitely be going back, regularly. Great to have a good local,pub, servicing great food.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We were driving round looking for somewhere for breakfast. Found this place. Great food. Really helpful landlord.