On first entering the Mini we were stunned at the floor to ceiling views of the city, we could see right to the horizon and it was really quite special. On the other hand it was much smaller than I had imagined, I think the pictures on the website make it seem bigger somehow, or perhaps the price per night makes you expect it to be bigger.
1. Stunning city views, especially against a sunrise or sunset depending on which side you’re on. I spent a lot of time with the sofa pulled right up to the window admiring the views, and in the morning doing Qigong as the sun was coming up.
2. Location, you really can’t get any more central.
3. The windows slide open fully, but I was not brave enough to try it in case I was a sleep walker without knowing it.
4. Entertainment set up, including sky TV with movie channels, Mini Mac with DVD player, ipod doc.
5. Super comfy bed and bedding.
6. Cosy bathrobes.
7. Very warm, hardly had the heaters on at all.
8.Complimentary items to use in the kitchen, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper, tea/coffee/hot chocolate, muesli, milk, oranges and the juicer.
9. Complimentary items to use in the bathroom, body wash, body lotion, shampoo, conditioner, hand wash all with real essential oils.
10. You don’t need to worry about bringing washing powder, dishwasher powder, washing up liquid etc as it’s already provided.
1. Small. Not enough room for two people to sit on the sofa for example, and while on the subject the sofa provided is not suitable if you require any back support.
2. Not everything was in working order. Had some sound issues with the Mini Mac, the washing machine worked but the dryer didn’t, the coffee machine was a bit temperamental and dishwasher didn't work at all. Issues are sorted out quite quickly by the reception team to be fair, but I just couldn’t be bothered to call someone up for the majority since they were issues I could work around.
Would I stay again? Yes but only for one night on a special occasion. If money is no object Staying Cool has to be first choice for serviced apartments in Birmingham, but personally I would give the Mini a miss and go for the Clubman instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the top of the city's iconic Rotunda and enjoy amazing views of the city from your very own beautifully designed apartment right in the heart of the city centre (Selfridges will be your corner shop). Each apartment has floor-to-ceiling glass windows that open fully and the Penthouses have their own outdoor balconies. These stylish apartments have been designed with your maximum comfort in mind. Each comes with bespoke designer furniture, a very well-equipped Poggenpohl kitchen, espresso maker with complimentary locally sourced milk and Illy or Fairtrade coffee, oranges for the juicer, iPod dock, plus a king size bed with pocket sprung/memory foam mattress for the very best night's sleep. There's a 24 hour reception plus daytime/evening concierge offering Staying Cool's renowned service. Choose from Minis (studios), Clubmans (one beds), Maxis (two beds) and Roadsters (two bed Penthouses). And if you don't like heights, we have two apartments on level two (the Olympian and Cabriolet). In short, stay in the best location, in an award winning Grade II listed building and experience life like a local. If you book via Staying Cool's website then you will get a complimentary bottle of wine or free parking and the guaranteed cheapest rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staying Cool at the Rotunda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staying Cool At The Rotunda Hotel Birmingham