1,070 results
All reviews the penthouse sky tv mini apartment floor to ceiling windows milk in the fridge iconic building electric juicer ipod dock washing machine bull ring memory foam living area these apartments lovely apartment serviced apartment little touches your doorstep
Reviewed April 3, 2018

I very rarely need to visit Birmingham however due to an exhibition at the NEC I needed a day there but only a single night stay. In fact I could have done it in a day without staying and if not for the Rotunda, I would not have stayed. Due to the Rotunda being so great, I stayed two nights. It turned the trip into more of a holiday.

In the past when in Birmingham I've also stayed at the Hyatt, the Marriott and a few other typical business hotels one should be able to rely on in provincial cities. They were dull, depressing and hardly convenient. So, why the Rotunda?

Superb location: (a short stroll from the main railway station, some lovely restaurants, next to Bullring, there's life everywhere)

Parking: easy parking in a wonderful, clean, bright, safe car park with massive bays, right under the Bullring shopping centre...and it was 'comped' for me by the hotel...NB you must go to the correct car park. Then roll your suitcase over to the lift. Straight into Bullring centre and stroll out. Entrance to Rotunda is on left next to Zara. No steps. Easy. Who needs valet parking!! This is beyond easy and convenient and you could safely park an expensive car here.

Cool place to stay: I had a penthouse suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a large living room with kitchen and wrap around terrace...although I was there alone, this suite would still feel large with four occupants...great feeling looking out, especially at night

Convenience: Provided...milk, good cereals, fresh high quality oranges and juicer, a vast amount of tea bags including green tea and a coffee machine...and for those who may need it, a fully equipped kitchen (there's a Tesco convenience store a short stroll away...as in 2 minutes)...who wants suffer a horrible breakfast in other hotels

Staff: terrific, helpful, really great

The Rotunda is the perfect, city centre serviced apartments PLUS...as they have a reception and attention to detail is impressive

I have never come across anywhere else quite like it...once you stay here you will never want to stay anywhere else in the centre

The management and staff at the Rotunda really have it totally together.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

We stay in this place for 5 days.
Negative point:

- it is not a hotel not even hotel apartment.
- No valet parking and car drop off. If you go there with luggages, you have to walk to the entrance.
- The service was disaster.
- All drainages are block and they could not fix
- Very bad smell in the corridors
- The bed sheets and duet covers were dirty and if you ask them to change they will charge you.
- All towels are extremely old
- All the appliances are dirty and we had to clean everything by ourselves
- No safe in the flat.
- Construction noise was so annoying.

Positive points:
- prime location in the middle of shopping area.
- Walking distance to different restaurants
- The quality of bed and sleep was very good

Overall , i am not recommending this place because it is not worth the money you are paying

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank ghazaleh a
Guest R, Manager at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Dear ghazaleh a

I’m so sorry for any confusion over your booking.

We try to be really clear that we are an ApartmentHotel and not a standard hotel.

We don’t have valet parking as we are in the pedestrian area of Birmingham city centre. Other than parking, we feel that the location is wonderful for everything else, as we are on the door-step of the great attractions and experiences that Birmingham has to offer.

Again our apologies regarding any housekeeping confusion. We offer all guests a daily refresh service where we clean the apartment, but we only change bedding once per week. I know we changed the towels for you each day. I have also spoken with our linen provider regarding your comments on the towels.

Like most major cities we are currently undergoing some exciting redevelopment, unfortunately that does come with some construction noise during the day, I’m very sorry this disturbed you sometimes.

It was lovely of you to point out how lovely the bed is and we’re always really please you enjoyed the location.

With my best wishes

Alex

Reviewed March 18, 2018

Stayed in the 'Mini' Apartment for 2 nights with my boyfriend.

Location was fantastic you are steps away from the Bull ring which is a real treat when you've been shopping for hours and just want to go back and "flop" when your feet start to hurt.

Apartment itself is very modern, the sky Tv is a real bonus also! The double bed was big and comfy with ample pillows

We had trouble finding out the correct car park to be in as to get the discounted parking rate provided by Rotunda but after a quick phone call to reception we were guided to the correct one so many thanks to lovely receptionist at the time.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Hi Clare O

Thanks so much for your fab review about your recent stay.

We’re delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our Mini apartment, it is an amazing way to spend a couple of nights, gazing out the window to the amazing views of Birmingham.

Our location makes it perfect to go out and shop and we're glad to read that you have taken advantage of this. I am delighted that our commitment to excellent customer service shone through especially in helping you with parking your car.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

As another hotel had messed up our booking they got us an apartment at the rotunda ,on arrival the staff who were very happy and friendly told us they had upgraded us to the penthouse suite 1word WOW it was amazing everything was lovely and definitely will return

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Laura

Wow, what an incredible review. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay.

I remember checking you in and I have to say it was a pleasure to meet you and your sister. I wanted to make sure that even though you had come to us by chance, that you experienced the best we have to offer.

We love to surprise our guests with upgrades should our availability allow. I am delighted that you will be returning to us should you find yourself back in Birmingham.

See you soon and say hi to your sister for me.

Best wishes

Reviewed March 14, 2018

Good evening Siham. Thank you, our apartment on the 18th floor was perfect, with spectacular views, and you welcomed us with open arms. We will definitely stay with you again. I have recommended my friends to stay at Rotunda. Keep well and keep smiling your wonderful smile. Jo&Lee x

Room Tip: Spectacular views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Jo C

Thank you so much for your 5* review about your recent stay with us here at Staying Cool.

It was truly a pleasure to welcome you and be of assistance with anything you needed. I am delighted to read that you loved your stay and will return to us again.

Thank you again for your incredible review and for recommending us to your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you and Lee back.

Best wishes