“Full body massage ”
Review of Spa Diamond

Spa Diamond
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Spa Diamond Massage where we have made massage into an art form and you can be assured of experiencing the very best massage in Birmingham. In a relaxing tranquil and welcoming environment you can enjoy a variety of treatments. We use holistic massage therapy to diminish aches and pains, improve flexibility and reduce tension. Here at Spa Diamond in Birmingham we are fully equipped with the facilities, the experience and the expertise to provide you with the massage your body needs! Our staff are all trained to a very high standard and are specialised in many different forms of massage. Wether it is just a full body massage for that all over feeling of complete relaxation or for more specific physical and metal needs, you have come to the right place. Massage is like a cross between acupressure, yoga , and zen shiatsu and is inspired by Buddhist teachings.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Excellent service and loved the massage.....Jessica gave me an amazing massage.
Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to feel relaxed or just pamper themselves

Date of experience: April 2018
stuart H, Manager at Spa Diamond, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Spa Diamond.

Jessica has not been with the team for very long and is already proving to be a hit with the customers. She comes to Spa Diamond with fantastic training and experience.

I will be sure to pass your feedback to Jessica and we look forward to seeing you back at the spa again soon.

All reviews
"therapist"
in 7 reviews
"reception"

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Booked in last minute for a 90 minute treatment today with two of my friends to treat ourselves.

We each booked a 60 minute full Body Sweedish massage with a 30 minute Indian head massage too.

I was a bit dubious about the spa at first because it doesn't present itself very well online and there was not a lot of pictures or very many reviews despite it being ranked #4 Spa and wellness centre in Birmingham on tripadvisor.

Here is what I thought:

OVERALL
Quite happy overall with the experience. The actual treatments and Therapists were very good. Friendly and chatty staff who were very good at listening to what I liked and didn't like throughout the process. The location and interior however leaves this place down. It is in pretty bad need of a renovation. If you are ok with slightly shabby surroundings and just want to make sure your treatment is blissful then this place is great. For the location, interior and equipment I would probably say everything could do with being a level cheaper priced.

PROS
- Wonderful, friendly staff.
- Highly skilled therepists. (Sophie was incredible)

CONS
- Industrial location. Looks out of place against the factories and warehouses that surround it.
- Noisy Surroundings. Location means there is constant mild traffic noise in the treatment rooms.
- Shabby Interior. Immaculately clean but built in a converted Victorian tenement building that was probably flats before hand. Old single glazed windows means it must be artificially heated and you can hear cars. Walls and ceilings have very shabby plaster style finishing which has been painted over in lovely tranquil colours but unfortunately at first glance the whole place looks a bit seedy. Furnishings and fittings are all old and a bit run down.
- Noise & Music. There is a constant mild stream of traffic noise, didn't bother me as I quite like that sound but worth noting. Also the music they choose to play throughout the entire building is about 4 short tracks on repeat over and over again of recognisable pop music played on acoustic instruments which is more distracting than it is relaxing.
- Equipment. They don't have massage tables with face holes!! This left my neck feeling absolutely terrible for most of the full body treatment and if I hadn't also booked the Indian Head Massage I would have been in a lot of discomfort.

All in all I had a good experience. For a first visit I left feeling relaxed and satisfied with my treatment and the service, but for the price I would probably do a bit more research and compare other, newer places before going back a second time.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for such a comprehensive review of your experience at Spa Diamond. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and your feedback is important.

With regards to your points, I would point out that Birmingham is an industrial city and we are very close to the city center. We are on a road which can sometimes get busy therefore some traffic noise can get into the Spa, however, this is minimized where possible.

The building was a bank, hence the high and beautiful ceilings. It has never been flats to my knowledge and is listed as part of the heritage of the area which gives the building its amazing character. The building is built using the famous Birmingham terracotta tiles, it would be wrong to paint over this and is a similar colour to most buildings in Birmingham.
The windows are under a preservation order so we are working on having them repaired however this takes time.

We have been open for just over a year now and working hard to build our business. We appreciate in that time things do wear out however we are an independent Spa, not a large chain so we will be redecorating soon. This includes the rooms and the replacement of the beds without the face holes.

The music is made up of 40 tracks and is updated quite often. I shall review the music and look into updating it again.

With regards the price, I believe we are fantastic value for money and for the quality of treatment compared to places where you pay more than twice what you would with us, I consider us very reasonable indeed.

We are constantly working on improving the Spa and hope you will visit again to see how we are always working to improve your experience.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Love this place, I felt so comfortable and relaxed highly skilled therapists.Can't wait to be pampered again.

Date of experience: March 2018

Hi Nye,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We look forward to pampering you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I was welcomed by Niomy who is an extremely sweet and welcoming receptionist. She has deep knowledge about all the products and services Diamond Spa offers.

I wanted to get a facial and Niomy gave me an excellent advice to get the Deluxe Facial.
I got the facial done by Marite who is another specialist in her field. The way she massaged my face was AMAZING I felt so pampered and I even fell asleep for a minute during the facial haha
I even got a hand massage while my face mask was on for 20 minutes. The hand massage was heavenly , and Marite surely does her work with a lot of passion.

I loved the facial, my face looks fresh,bright and clean. I got a lovely complimentary goody bag with some amazing creams which will last me a week or so.

This place is Simply AMAZING.

I have been here for about 4 times and I’m planning to get a massage from Spa diamond atleast once a month from now following up with a manicure and a pedicure.

Spa Diamond surely is the best spa in Birmingham. And is highly recommended !!!!

2  Thank mallikkk

Hi Mallikkk,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Spa Diamond.

Spa Diamond recently teamed up with a cosmetics company which will allow us to provide even better facial treatments than before. So we are looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the new product range which is exclusive to Spa Diamond in Birmingham and I think you are going to love them.

We are looking forward to pampering you again soon.