“Over rated ”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Quinton. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings - including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Birmingham's favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Visited as a family treat after a lovely long day out. On arrival we were seated probley nice waitress, then we went to get the carrey long long no one behind the counter serving, then a cook appeared as started the serve the meats he was moody, rude and made no excuse he did not want to be they, veg and mash well what can I say but poor all empty when a guy appeared to fill up and little girl beside us said very polite that the mash had ran out he replied to her here you go IT'S SELF SERVICE I'M NOT DOING IT FOR YOU..... rude rude rude...

Yorkshire pudding TOBY states they are the best o please flat flat flat see photos.
Toby please relpy

5  Thank Susan L

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Stayed overnight in a twin bedded room. Room was nicely furnished with en-suite bathroom and was quite despite being above the public restaurant and bars.
Breakfast was included and this was a bit disappointing with a rather basic buffet area for cereals, tea, coffee and toast. The hot food buffet was in the same area as the daytime and evening restaurant but the food was not as good, some items were quite cold and the eggs looked as if they had been there for some time as they were all over cooked.
We had dined the previous evening and the food was good. We had a vegetarian main course and vegetables from the buffet. Some of the vegetables were not very warm and the selection has been reduced from the previous visits.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 5.20 and it wasn’t particularly busy, shown to our table. Waitress wasn’t particularly friendly and certainly wasn’t interested in my request for a nearer table for my elderly mother who is also disabled. She’s very poor on her legs so usually get a nearer table to the food. Food choice was ok, had to ask for a clean plate and clean cutlery. Meat and veg ok... not fab. Gravy was spilt everywhere also on floor. I mentioned it to waitress but I was told she only had 1 pair of hands!
Ate food, asked 4 times for the bill, waitress continued to take other orders for desserts. Had to pay on way out. Just poor service now, been getting worse last few months. Nothin seems clean/organised. Disappointed... not going back for a while now

1  Thank Louise T
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Visit this place today have good menu nice interior, friendly staff enjoyed my food. Whenever I visit, found the place served nice English food, no complaints recommend to everyone

1  Thank mimansha c
Reviewed March 30, 2018

The lunch time carvery is very good, plenty of food but plenty of people to queue up with though. The food is decent, personally I do not like the whole carvery thing, my family love it, especially here.

The breakfast carvery, yes breakfast is good, good quality food, not so many people and you can fill your face endlessly, highly recommended.

A word about the staff, they are brilliant, so hard working and always friendly and helpful, even with a football crowd of punters.