3,117 results
All reviews free movies free pool table funky hotel great hotel hour bar lounge area first floor walk in shower city centre wet room would stay again new street station min walk comfy bed saturday night business trip bull ring
Reviewed September 18, 2018

This is close to the city centre but you get a lot of undesirables late at night around this area - it's a sketchy walk back. Wifi is viciously slow as well. Room itself though was really good - clean, bathroom nice and bed very comfy. TV difficult to use but free movies. Would be back.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
KarenM9511, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Dear Traveller,
Thanks for the kind words here on TripAdvisor.

pentahotels are new to the market & we are really excited about the changes that we are making & the positive feedback we are receiving.

I hope that you will continue to support the brand & that we will see you back again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

First of all the picture and description on the website of the player room is a complete lie.It is tiny, not luxurious at all.Secondly the room stank of smoke as the previously guests had obviously used the open windows for that.The carpet and curtains had stains and it was completely bare in the room.It looked like a hospital room.I ended up saying at Hotel Du Vin which I couldn’t recommend more and paid less than I did at penta hotel.At Hotel Du Vin I had a master room which a luxurious bathtub and waterfall shower and it was clean and stunning.Also pentahotel charged me a £100 deposit which I had no idea that I would be paying until the day. My refund will take 5 working days which is a very long time for something so expensive!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank ssoren479659
Sabrina W, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I would like to apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay. Our dedicated team take pride in working to ensure our guests enjoy their experience of our hotel and I will highlight your comments with our staff to ensure we improve our service.

Please be assured we take all feedback on board and we do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2018

The hotel was well placed for eating out, an easy walk to everywhere. The room was fine (although warm, we couldn't work out how to turn down the thermostat!) and the bathroom was great and very well equipped. The girl on the desk was really lovely and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KarenM9511, Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotel Birmingham.

It was really good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I are always thankful of hearing that we have got things right!

I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean and worth your money. It is as described; only spent one night here as I was only in town to see a concert.

The train station is actually a working distance. I would say a good 10-15mins walk going underneath the subway.

The only bad thing is that food like room service etc is not prepared at the hotel. It is brought from outside and the waiting time is ridiculous. So if you are mega hungry, your better off going outside to order food or do UberEats or something.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a hotel close to the arena and train station !

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear valued guest,

Karen

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Smart hotel with confortable and modern rooms convenient fro City Centre and O2 acadamy. Stayed ovenight with my wife. We had a friendly check in and all was great. The breakfast has loads of choice and is buffet style. The hot food was'nt that great as you might expect but there was plent of other items to choose from. Would happily stay here again. Tip - Avoid the pricey hotel car park and use the NCP horsefair one a couple of hundred metres away

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Birmingham.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience of pentahotels, it certainly is an exciting chain of hotels!

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Karen