“comfortable, clean, quiet & relaxing”

Novotel Birmingham Airport
Ranked #24 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“comfortable, clean, quiet & relaxing”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My partner and I stayed overnight last weekend. The hotel is attractive. It is clean and our stay was very comfortable. The room was cosy and warm. Even though it was literally opposite the airport entrance, it was very quiet. The bathroom had a great shower, we enjoyed using that very much. The bathroom had speakers connecting from the TV/radio too. We didn't like the fact that the bathroom was separate to the toilet, would have preferred it all in one. Another niggle was the fact that the carpet was a little threadbare hence making the otherwise nice room look a bit scruffy. We didn't have a flight so we very unfortunately had our car with us. Parking is so expensive even with the "discount" as a hotel guest!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelBIA, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Ian Dick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Spent the night here before an early flight to Malta... We only paid £60 for the room, as there was an offer on. I wouldnt want to pay anymore than that. Great location as it's opposite departures, but the room was very hot and we didnt know how to control the temperature.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelBIA, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear Reviewer, Many thanks for taking the time to comment. I sincerely apologize for any inconvienence that this casued you. We appreciate all feedback, as this helps us improve on the guest service experience. If you’d like to talk about the matter further, please feel free to call me on 0121 7827000 Kind regards, Ian Dick
Boston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

we stayed at the Novotel for one night as we went to see a concert at the LG Arena. Firstly the location was ideal for the arena and for shopping in the city center as the monorail from the airport goes staight to the NEC and the train station. Its only £4.10 return to the center and the Bullring is directly opposite the exit from New Street station. secondly the hotel its self was very welcoming and clean,rooms were large and had most things you could need. the hotel was very busy but didnt find noise a problem at all. Breakfast was very good,lots of choice. would definatley stay there again especially if i was flying from Birmingham International as its so close to the terminals.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelBIA, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is the second time I've stayed at the Novotel on business in the past six months. It is absolutely the most convenient hotel at Birmingham Airport but irritatingly, really poorly signed from inside the airport, given that it's right outside the door!

Go down to ground floor level and go to the very end of the check-in desks, then exit from the airport and the hotel entrance is just opposite. Any signage visible inside the airport? Nope. Just a giant, illuminated 'Novotel' sign apparently floating in mid-air. The first time I stayed, I wandered around helplessly in the dark in the car park for five minutes, able only to find a 'no pedestrians' sign.

I appreciate that service is always variable in an airport hotel - I stay in a lot of them. But I was really touched by the kind, attentive service offered by the young man at check-in - he sounded French but had a badge that said 'Pyotr'. I had forgotten to bring my loyalty club card so he searched for it through the database, and made sure my stay was registered. He made me feel like a guest, not like a daft middle-aged businesswoman with too much on her mind.

The room was standard Novotel - mid-range, semi-business, with a large, modern bathroom and a lovely mattress. The hotel is quiet despite its closeness to the airport.

I went down late to breakfast - I had obviously missed the business rush - and was welcomed kindly by the duty staff, who had obviously just done a busy shift but were still very much engaged with their work. The dining room was clear, clean and well-organised on both times I visited. The food is fairly standard buffet food - what else can you expect in a large mid-range hotel? However, the food was hot, nicely presented and there was plenty of it. I would only take the breakfast if it were part of the room rate, though - there are plenty of nice cafes in the airport if you are on 'room only' rates.

I like this place - not because it is luxurious - it's more serviceable, convenient, clean and functional - but because its staff give it an enjoyable, quirky charm. I'll certainly go back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JannelStornoway
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My sister and i stayed here before an early flight and we couldnt have been more comfortable, our room faced the departures entrance but was very quiet, infact it would have got 10 out of 10 if not for me leaving an electric toothbrush and full tube of toothpaste in the bathroom in my hurry the next morning. When my husband rang to see if it had been picked up by housekeeping it had mysteriously vanished! So it was a very expensive night all in all!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Yvonneandenise
Dear Reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Please do contact me on 0121 7827000 in regards to your missing toothbrush so that I can look into it for you. Kind regards, Ian Dick