1,610 results
All reviewsbroad streetseparate toiletcar parkbrindley placesymphony hallbarclaycard arenabirmingham centreexecutive roombars and restaurantssaturday nightnight lifesofa bedcentral locationearly hoursper daystayed here for one nightreception area
Reviewed November 1, 2017

Very, very noisy! People shouting in corridors, doors slamming till 3.20am..... Then someone shouting and banging on a neighbours room door at 6.30am as they were late for departing. Not the best when you have a stressful day ahead. Complained the next morning- reception staff apologised.
Compounded by the worst restaurant service I have ever experienced - either in UK or abroad. Had to ask three times over 25mins before anyone would take my order -only 7 other people in restaurant, so the 3 staff were hardly run off their feet, but clearly needed to network more than to look after their customers. My red Thai curry then took a further 20 mins to arrive, tasted very mediocre.....small amount of chicken and the sauce was the consistency of milk, served with what tasted like microwaved rice. Hardly the 'fragrant jasmine rice with.....' My room number was taken with the order, but when I tried to leave I was loudly summoned back to the bar and commanded to pay before leaving. I pointed out that they taken my room number, but the waitperson insisted I had to pay immediately......then told me to wait while she served other guests with drinks. After about 10 mins of waiting I suggested that she either take my money or add it to my bill. I was rudely told that I had to wait my turn as she was serving others. I pointed that they had come after me.., to which she shrugged and carried on. A further 5 mins later my money was taken, no apology - just surly.
Have fed back to the company who booked me in. Never wish to stay there again. Sad, as good location and nice room,

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else!
Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Thank you for your review I am so sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had experienced. I can assure you that I will personally be investigating your comments with my team. I would really like to opportunity to discuss this with you so that I can resolve to your satisfaction. The best number to reach me on is 0121 643 2000

Reviewed November 1, 2017

I attended this venue for a meeting but was a little disappointed. The receptionist was lovely but unfortunately they did not provide any notepads or pens. The notepads had to be requested and they did not have any pens either, pencils were issued!!!

The participants of the meeting were unable to use the coffee machine as it had not been filled (this was after 8.45am) . We were told beverages would be available from 9am. There were signs stating that the tea, coffee and pastries cups on the table were for a meeting ....but the guests of the hotel overlooked this and proceeded to partake.

when l explained that this was for a meeting the guest responded that they had already added sugar to the drink and l replied that he could by all means have it, he did not want it.

I removed a pastry tray from a far table and brought it closer to me and my colleague stood by the tables.

The staff member explained that, that was the reason why they had not put out the beverages earlier as they knew that the guests would believe that this was complimentary.

Our meeting was okay until just before lunch when l went to make an enquiry and l was asked if everything was ok whereby l replied yes only to be told that the lunch would be delayed by 15 minutes. I'm not sure when l would have been informed of the delay, but then the staff were hoovering the restaurant!!!

While l was having my lunch lt came to my attention that guests were also partaking of our dinner, when l spoke to the Restaurant Manager he replied that the same meal was offered to both guests and meeting attendees....How could this be we had paid for 2 groups l'm sure that we should not also be paying for other guests of the hotel. Thank goodness no one else came in.

To say l was not impressed is an understatement. I doubt very much that we will be using this venue again.

One good point was the Receptionist who was a little overwhelmed but l found was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review I am so sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with your event. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had experienced. I would really like the opportunity to speak with you about this on the phone. so that I can resolve to your satisfaction. the best number to reach me on is 0121 643 2000

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Reviewed October 31, 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2017

Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Nice central hotel. Room decent size and had sofa and double bed. Toilet separate to bathroom and didn't like that there wasn't a hand was basin in the toilet, hand sanitizer doesn't replace washing your hands after the loo so that put me off a little. Bathroom had bath and shower cubicle which was good buy door was split door with big gap looking in to bedroom so difficult if sharing with friend. Bed was so uncomfortable and very firm and pillows were awful. Room was freezing during the night I had to get up and put socks and my cardigan on and couldn't work out how to warm the room up. So had a dreadful nights sleep! Not good when then got to drive for 4 hours home! Decor was dated (woodchip walls) and needed a good clean and paint.
Breakfast however was fab lots of selection and fresh. Staff were lovely. Room wasn't stocked very well with tea. Only 1 green and 1 breakfast teabag then a fruity one. When 2 people in room you would hope for at least 2 or 3 tea bags per person. I did however go down and ask for more and lady happily gave me more.
Hotel has a car park in basement but found it really odd that lift doesn't go down to this level. I'm not disabled but I have had both hips replaced and carrying my case up and down stairs isn't ideal or good for anyone. It did say use red phone to ring for assistance if disabled but I'm not really sure how a wheelchair user could get up from the basement after parking their car?
In all was an ok stay but bed and room temperature spoiled it.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela B
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2017

Thank you for your review I am so sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had experienced with the quality and space of your room and the lack of heating. I would like to assure you that I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness, Please feel free to contact me on 0121 643 2000 to discuss this further.