“Always enjoy my stay at Novotel”

Novotel Birmingham Centre
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 December 2017

The hotel is ideally located by Five Ways Train station and one mile from Birmingham New Street. The staff were friendly although they did for get to book my taxi. The room was clean and spacious and a good choice for breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: Very pleased with it.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments about no taxi being booked, please accept my sincere apologies. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Kind regards, Ian Dick

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a quick trip for a conference in Birmingham. The rooms were in need of some maintenance and tlc. The food from the bar was ok and the breakfast was your typical buffet. I was disappointed that their tiny car park was so expensive and that needing to cancel my second night due to unforeseen circumstances went completely unrefunded because I had paid a prepaid rate (which on a Tuesday night was just under £200??!!). Not what I'd expect from Novotel. When in Birmingham, I'd look for something better.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for your review I am so sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you had experienced with the quality of your room. I would really like the opportunity to speak with you about this on the phone. so that I can resolve to your satisfaction. the best number to reach me on is 0121 643 2000

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We opted for the Novotel,as it was so close to the NIA(about 5 minutes walk) and we'd stayed here before. We had a good welcome on arrival,our roomwas right next to the lift ,as requested. The room was spacious,with a large double bed and a large sofa bed. There was a good tea tray,hair dryer and iron and ironing board. The bed was large and very comfy. The room had a separate toilet to the bathroom,although it's a bit of a squeeze. The bathroom was a good size ,with some good toiletries and soft large rowels. . Breakfast was reallygood, a buffet style and good quality too. All the staff we met were all very friendly and helpful.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and we'll definitely be back

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Location: The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the Birmingham Arena and the Sealife Centre. It’s also well positioned for the Christmas Market. Access to the underground car park is via a ramp with an automatic door. The access is very, very tight and my wife got out the car to guide me through the sharp turn where the entrance barrier is situated. The exit is just as tight. There is no lift from the underground car park to reception. Check in and out was efficient.
Room: The rooms are somewhat dated but perfectly adequate for one or two nights. The bed was comfortable but our room was a little dusty, especially around the bed area.
Breakfast: The buffet style breakfast was good with a wide variety of cereals and the usual options for a fried breakfast. Gluten free bread was available and the staff were friendly and efficient.
If you want a base to shop or go to a concert this hotel is ideal. There are many restaurants within a short distance. The car park fee was £15 for 24 hours when we visited so we left the car after we checked out to shop and paid at reception later in the day.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your comments with regards to the dust in your room, please accept my sincere apologies. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

You don’t book Novotel expecting atmosphere so the lack of it was not disappointing. You do expect efficient check in, clean efficient decor, a decent sized spotless bedroom with a comfortable bed and a shower that works. That is what you get at the City Centre Novotel.

The restaurant menu was very unexciting but breakfast was good.

Good for business travel but I wouldn’t choose it for a romantic weekend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Reviewed 29 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Novotel Birmingham was a standard hotel. I expected a little more for my money, if I am honest.
The downstairs of the hotel is all modern, fresh and clean looking.
As you go up to the rooms, this changes. I would say the bedrooms are 3 out of 5.
The bed was big and clean. The carpets in the room and hallway were not so good.
The whole room felt a little tired for the money it cost.
Also very disappointed that breakfast was not included in room price. £13+ is a little too much for a single breakfast also.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ian_Dick, General Manager at Novotel Birmingham Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017