US$69
US$67
  • Room Service
US$63
US$60
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Pool
US$70
US$58
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$72/night.

1,030 results
All reviewsbroad streetsteam roomcity centrecar parkspa facilitiesbreakfast was excellentgood sizehotel is situatedthe room was nicecomfortable hotelreception staffstayed for one nightfull englishbrindley placebull ringsaturday nightmorrisons
Reviewed June 26, 2016

I stayed here last month for 3 nights and was not impressed by the standard of the hotel at all. The reception area, bar area and restaurant were of a reasonable standard but the room was very dated (although the bathroom was modern.) No mod cons, TV was very old, hairdryer awful, not great for 2016!
I also had a recent spa experience and I can honestly say this was one of the worst spa experiences I have had. The ladies changing rooms were so awful, most of the lockers weren't working, the taps were broken, the toilets were dirty - it was rather like I was visiting a public swimming pool!!. To top off the whole experience, the 30 minute treatment I had booked was a total of 19 minutes!! I was called in late, felt extremely rushed and the masseur was so conscious of catching up with the next client he speedily rushed through the treatment. Prior to calling me in for treatment he came out whilst his previous client was still getting ready to ask me what my treatment was for and even set up for me with the client still in there!! Completely unprofessional! Would not recommend a spa day here ever!

Room Tip: Good location for Central Birmingham
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Gordon T, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2016

Thank you for your review. I take on board your feedback. We are in the process of making changes, our flat screen TV's are due to be replaced next year, we are having new beds installed next month, we installed all brand new equipment in our Gym this year and recently had new furniture in our bar.

Your feedback regarding the Spa, is not as it should be. I make no excuses. I sat down with my manager today. We have already made changes to the cleaning schedules in early June and feedback has been positive since. I have never heard of us giving a "short treatment" before - I will ensure that this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed June 26, 2016

I booked a stay in this hotel as when I booked last December I was told that the Edgbaston cricket ground was within a 20 minute walking distance from the hotel.
Actually it is more of a 45 walk which involves walking on the grass of a very busy dual carriageway!!!!!
I found out this as it was very hard to get a taxi back after the cricket match, I actually called the hotel and asked if I was going in the right direction back, the staff (all 3) were very unhelpful and suggested I was walking the wrong way, I was not actually but finally managed to hail a taxi
When I got back to the room ordered room service at 9.20, a simple burger and chips
at 10pm it had still not arrived, when it did it was burnt and cold, I sent it back immediately and ended up getting a sandwich from Morrison's next door!!!!
Yes, this purports to be a 4 star hotel.
Next morning they had kindly put the bill under my door including the food I had sent back, what a great example of listening to your customer
I had a discussion with a duty manager who nodded at the right time and said she would not charge me for the room service, I know unbelievable
Eventually a further small amount was removed to compensate for the misinformation provided at time of booking re location
It did not seem to register that I would have stayed somewhere else if I had received honest answers when I booked
I should say I had a 15 and a 12 year old with me so the long unsafe walk was not on
So overall this was a very unpleasant stay exacerbated by poor food and uncaring customer service,
Dreadful

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Gordon T, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2016

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you had a difficult walk back to the hotel. We are the closest hotel to the cricket ground which is 1.8 miles away and we did our best to help you navigate back, there is an alternative route along pavements to the ground - but I appreciate the difficulties that you got into. I am sorry about the delay in the room service and mistake on the bill. I have fed these points back to the team to ensure this is an isolated one-off.

Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

I just want to commend all the staff at the Leisure centre for continued professionalism and friendliness whenever I attend. There is a wonderful relaxing atmosphere at the centre and it is always an absolute joy when spending any time there. Very well done.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Thanks for your lovely feedback. Myself and my team do read every comment from customers, and we appreciate we don't get everthing write and this helps us know what we need to do to improve -but it is nice to be encouraged when we a good job. Thank you - I have passed on your comments to the team.

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel, very clean, excellent facilities such as the gym, pool and spa. Beds are really comfy, and the rooms are extremely spacious. I would have defiantly recommended this hotel to anyone until my last night. I was staying on business, studying towards an exam. I ordered room service to my room which arrived in good time. HOWEVER upon receiving my meal I was then told I had to go down to reception to pay for the meal - which defeats the whole objective of room service! I asked whether I could pay at the door, or over the phone but I was told no, I had to take a trip down to reception the same evening and pay for my meal. This has severely let the hotel down. I was studying towards an exam the following day, hence my reason for ordering room service. If I had known I would have to go down to reception to pay immediately, I would have eaten in the bar or in a local restaurant and avoided the additional £4 tray charge. In addition the duck spring rolls I ordered had no duck in them!!! Anyway that's beyond the point. I am extremely disappointed by this situation, and when I challenged the hotel duty manager why I had not been told this rule when I checked into the hotel his response was "they must have been too busy to advise you of this on arrival" (there was nobody else at reception when I checked in). It was in fact the duty manager who checked me into the hotel. I feel this has let the hotel down significantly and further training should be provided to staff (especially the duty manager) regarding what information they need to give customers on arrival.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Dannie1701
Gordon T, General Manager at Birmingham Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2016

Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about our facilities and bedroom. I am personally gutted about your comments about our room service. I was aware on Tuesday after a rush we ran out of the duck spring rolls - we had them back in stock on Wednesday - but I am sorry for the substition which we should have informed you about at the time you placed your order. In terms of payment, because you didn't have credit on your room, I am afraid this did need to be settled with our front desk team. We are currently investigating getting a mobile enabled PDQ machine to take payment as we deliver food in future in order to remove this inconvenience.

We can and will take these learnings forward.
Thank you - Gordon Tyler - General Manager

Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

I just spent a few days here with the family and really liked the hotel. It is in a central location about 5 minutes drive to the convention centre. Taxi costs about 8 pounds.There are many restaurants, cinemas and supermarkets a few minutes walk away.

The hotel itself is very quaint and comfortable, not too big but not too small. The room and bathroom was larger than expected and was stocked with a kettle, hairdryer, iron, robe, safe, toiletries etc. Only thing that was lacking was a mini fridge. Housekeeping was good too.

We spent some time in the leisure centre which was nice, pool was a bit small but we didn't expect much and the jacuzzi and steam room was great. The changing room could be cleaned a bit more but it was alright.

Reception staff were friendly and the breakfast was nice, just the fruits and pastries seemed to be a bit old.

The Only thing that didn't impress me was the parking charge, which was quite a lot. 13 pounds overnight for one night. There is a cheaper parking nearby which I recommend.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family