1,125 results
All reviews wet room jewellery quarter no window rooms are small city centre vending machine windowless room st paul's square monsoon shower nearby ncp jam house storage space air con comfy bed short stay bedside table great shower
Reviewed September 17, 2018

I stayed here on a saturday night after a concert, as it was affordable and close to the arena, as well as the station. The room was very small but modern, the air con worked well and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was the only issue as it wasn't very functional, the shower soaked the whole bathroom and it had a big glass door that wouldn't close properly, although if you're staying alone I doubt this would be much of an issue. I would stay there again for a night.

1  Thank Beatrice V
Sarah O, Manager at Bloc Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Dear Beatrice

I'm so pleased that you chose to stay here at BLOC Hotel after your concert in Birmingham. We like to think we're the perfect affordable place to stay in the buzzing St Paul's area, with rates starting at just £49, staying at BLOC doesn't add too much to a ticket price, especially if there are two of you staying in one room.

The bathroom is a 'wet-room' and It will tend to get wet whilst in use but is designed to drain and dry quickly. Some guests like to use extra towels to dry the floor if they don't want to wait for it to dry naturally and want to keep their feet dry on subsequent visits to the bathroom. There is also a lid on the toilet seat and the toilet roll which will keep these essentials dry. I am sorry that you were not a fan of this innovation but we have to accept that we cannot suit everyone.

It's fabulous to see that you'll be back to stay at BLOC Hotel Birmingham in the future and we look forward to being able to welcome you back soon.

With best wishes

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Great place to take it easy for a little while, go and stay with them. In a gentrified location cute new places keep on popping up, barely recognised the old headquarters. Only four stars out of five because no taqueria in the vicinity.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank declandeclandec

Dear Declan

Many thanks for having chosen to stay with us at BLOC Hotel Birmingham and for the four-star review. I have to say I had to look up what a 'taqueria' is and was pleased to discover it's all about Mexican food!

You're absolutely right about the St Paul's area, it's a refreshing enclave not far from the city centre but far enough away to have a completely different feel to it.

I'm so pleased that loved staying here at BLOC Hotel Birmingham and you're recommending us to other potential guests; I hope that a taqueria pops up soon!

With best wishes

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

In this hotel, the rooms are small, as a result, they are reasonably priced, lovely and clean and done to a very high standard. The size of the rooms are made clear when booking, so if you hate it because the rooms are small, so your research better. I was really happy with the hotel and room, perfect for our 1 night stay in Birmingham for a concert. I would like it so much for a long stay, that said we were offered a very reasonable upgrade to an apartment (if you get this email, don’t just email back phone and make sure you secure that upgrade!). My only comment would be some sort of curtain or screen would be nice in the wet room, it’s not such a nice experience if you need the loo if you’ve had a shower in the last hour

Reviewed September 12, 2018

Location is slightly out of the the centre say 15 minute walk. Reception was friendly and efficient. The rooms are SMALL. However for an overnight stay they are adequate, clean and reasonable. It is room only. They are a bed length wide, no wardrobe or rails and compact wet room, clean. Typical pod style hotel. I would book again, good eateries near by if you look at my other entries.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank osianrees

Dear Osian

It's great to know that staying with us at BLOC Hotel Birmingham was so good that you'll happily book again. We are very fond of the St Paul's area with its feeling of being out of the city centre yet buzzing and lively, but only being a 15-minute walk away from the main thoroughfares.

For future reference we don't just have our compact and budget-conscious standard Sleep and Vista rooms here, we also have Accesible, Vista Plus and Apartrooms which all have more space and facilities should that be something you're interested in.

I'm pleased that you received a warm and efficient welcome when you arrived and very much hope to be able to repeat the experience again before too long.

With thanks from all at BLOC Hotel Birmingham

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

bloc hotel looks good on the website but when u get there it’s is. Nice reception area also nice layout we get up to our room and were expecting a nice spacious bloom but no it was no bigger than a prison cell the air con didn’t work, no windows dirty socks under the bed empty bottles also the complimentary water was covers in dust. The bathroom wasn’t even a bathroom it was a walk in shower with the toilet and sink in the shower what made it even worse was that when we had a shower the steam made the room very humid and the air was thick so it would of been great to have a window but no they trick you by putting a blind up with no window behind it you take two steps into the room your at the bed take one step your at the shower how can a hotel room be so small it feels like you are in a cell besides the fault it was cosy and nice but if the room was little bigger and had window it would’ve been good

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sarah O, Manager at Bloc Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Andre

I'm sorry that you had such a negative reaction to staying with us at BLOC Hotel Birmingham.

I will of course, very happily apologise, for the fact that your room was not as clean as it should have been, and there are certainly no excuses for a previous guests' items to have been left undiscovered. The complimentary water should be changed after each guest and the air-con should have been working. Can I invite you to contact our Guest Relations Officer directly, thomas@blochotels.com as I know he would want to try to make amends for these failings.

The room size is something that we are unashamed about and advertise quite clearly on our own website and across all booking platforms. We display accurate photographs and room descriptions and whilst we do have windowless rooms, for only £5 extra you can book a room with a window. There are also other room types available right up to our fabulous Apartrooms which are much more spacious and suitable for a longer stay in Birmingham. We therefore like to think that there really is something for everyone here, but if you choose our most functional, budget-conscious room that's exactly what you'll get! If you do arrive at your room and feel it's not suitable, our lovely Reception team will always do their best to find you a room that will suit you better.

Thomas is looking forward to hearing from you and is hoping to entice you back to stay in the future and have the wonderful experience at BLOC that we want all our guests to have.

Best wishes