All reviews express breakfast car park indian restaurant next door beans hi express hot items free wifi busy road large shower city centre sat nav sofa bed secure parking per night yogurt excellent hotel breakfast included
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

stayed at the holiday Inn express for 5 nights Sunday to the Friday morning. The room itself was very clean and modern. The bathroom was very nice compared to a lot of other hotels. Considering this hotel is next to a busy road you can't hear the traffic which is brilliant. One downside was the food they don't do food on a Sunday evening and when the food is on the selection isn't great there isn't much choice. Breakfast comes included with the room which is a help yourself set up. For cooked breakfast all they have is sausage beans and egg which is disappointing, there wasn't even any bacon. Apart from the food the hotel is great value for the money staff are very polite and happy to help with any problem.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
L_Gedrovics, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham South A45, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Dear Dan F,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding Housekeeping, I will make sure to share your comments.

You will be glad to hear that our new menu will be finalized by the end of June, with more items to choose from- not even mentioning the taste.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 20, 2016

The staff went the extra mile to make my stay easy and enjoyable - arranged for early check-in and late check out (even though they were full to capacity), did some late night printing when my printer broke down, advised about quiet times for breakfast etc etc. Nothing was too much trouble, everything done with a smile, and gave the impression that the staff really cared about their guests. Thank you Abdul, James, Andy and the lovely women on reception whose names I can't remember (so sorry).

Also my room was clean, quiet (even though facing over the main road, with effective double glazing), everything worked well (lights, shower etc).

This is very different from several experiences at a Holiday Inn Express in a different part of the country, after which I decided never to stay at this chain again. I booked to stay at the Birmingham South A45 only because it was convenient to where I was working, expecting to have a rubbish experience - and the team have completely restored my faith in HIX.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Kathryn R,

I am truly happy to hear that you have felt very comfortable with us as we strive to provide genuine, high standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

I'm a spire member and always using the Ihg hotel chain. Tried to check in at 2pm and firmly they said that I should be back at 3pm. No rooms are ready. I get back to the hotel later in the afternoon and after checking in I found out that the room that was allocated to me was not free...someone else was in the room. Worst mistake ever that can happen into an hotel.
A part that the hotel was good with good connectivity and amenities.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham South A45, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Dear Paolo M,

Thank you for staying with us during your business trip and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. It is nice to know that you regarded our internet service and amenities to be good. However, it is regretful to see that this visit was not 100% satisfactory due to the poor service and the mishaps of the first room that was provided to you at check-in. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope you will consider us again and see the improvements made.

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 17, 2016 via mobile

Rooms are lovely and clean, and the bathrooms are gorgeous.
The hotel has a nice atmosphere and the staff go above and beyond for your needs.
As a travelling bodybuilder on competition prep they were happy to help me with all my requirements during the stay.
I didn't have the breakfast but from what my colleagues said it was very nice.
Supermarkets are near by and it's easy enough to get into B'ham town or the NEC.
Would definitely recommend!!

Dear dancewiththedevil,

Thank you very much for letting us know about the amazing stay you have had at Holiday Inn Express Birmingham South A45 and for complimenting the facilities through the hotel.

As a matter of fact I am very proud of my whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 8, 2016

We were very pleasantly surprised at how good this hotel was. Definitely got the edge on any travelodge we have stayed at. Very modern, clean and stylish decor. Very friendly helpful staff. Lovely room, comfy bed and a lovely, large shower which I took full advantage of. I had 4 showers in the space of 16 hours. I have never been so clean. Definitely our new hotel whilst in Birmingham.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear gemmah722016,

Thank you so much for your words of praise with regards to the high level of service provided to you all throughout the hotel.

Now we know why our water bill is so high... :)

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,