“Weekend Base”

Travelodge Birmingham Central Moor Street
Ranked #53 of 119 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 30 October 2017

The location of the Moor Street Travelodge is fantastic, with all the amenities of the city centre located close by and the hotel itself is just slightly off the main shopping street.

My friend was the first to arrive for our two night booking (I had made the booking) and fortunately with my details she was able to check in. I actually found reception to be very helpful and friendly for the duration of our stay.

The Travelodge has a deal with the local NCP car park where guests can use the car park for £10 a day which I thought was great even though we didn't make use of this on this particular stay.

Our room was very clean except for a dead bug on one of the bed sheets (not a lot you can do about that really!) and had been set up as requested for 3 adults.

The beds were comfortable and the standard is of what you would expect from a Travelodge. I just have two small issues to report:

- There was a lot of banging and loud noises from directly about us both during the day and overnight. My friend cites that she thinks she may have stayed in that exact room (202) before and encountered the same issue... perhaps there is a wash room / staff room up there but it was indeed rather loud.
- We had hung our towels up in specific places in the bathroom for them to dry but the cleaner moved them when he/she came in to conduct room service while we were out. This meant that we didn't know who's towel was who's which was a little frustrating.

Aside from those minor issues the Travelodge on Moor Street was perfect for our weekend stay in Birmingham and we shall definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We found room 202 to be noisy
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2017

The location of this hotel is a good all rounder. I went with my elderly mother and was a bit worried about the district,and parking amenities at hand but all fears were ungrounded. The area is no busier than any other in Birmingham, it is a walk across the road to the markets and bullring shopping centre and bus stops to other parts of Birmingham centre if mobility is an issue. There were a lot of different clientele all polite and courteous.
Our room had twin beds a tv tea and coffee facilities a walk in shower wet room and clean towels. Entry is by a card system to your room and upper levels. We heard no external noise and had a good night sleep we were in room 206. Breakfast is full English buffet and continental crossiants yoghurts cereals in unlimited supply and of good quality. The reception staff was most helpful in advising places to go and on the morning we left a marathon was in progress through the city so they printed out a route to Cadbury’s world which was great.
I parked immediately behind the hotel £12 day but was advised by staff it’s safer to park in the multi-storey in Chinese quarter no distance away. There are no lifts in this car park but it is monitored . I paid £9 for each 24 hr period and for piece of mind that was great.
We visited the theatre on two nights and came back to the hotel late in the evening. There was no problem walking back to the hotel i felt safe.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will be stopping in it again as for me it ticked all the boxes.

Room Tip: Park in the Chinese multi-storey your ticket will be validated the day you leave.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Had two nights at here
Staff was very pleasant and helpful
Rooms were immaculate
Would stay again
I'm wheelchair bound they helped me when required
Would recommend this hotel to anyone
Thank you staff at Travelodge Birmingham moor street

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Will recommend other ppl to stay in this hotel .Accommodation was fab and excellent service by person on reception.room was nicely managed and nice and peaceful environment .really professional services over all.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Paid the additional fee for 24 hours wifi only to find the signal couldn't be picked up in the room (you could catch it in the corridor or by the door, which wasn't very helpful). The guy on reception was very apologetic and refunded the fee but the hotel needs to fix this problem.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 12 October 2017

My room was booked through work and after reading the reviews was very sceptical of checking in or going to the said area.However upon arrival at the hotel there was no one around at that time outside the hotel area.

I checked into my room, which was clean and comfortable, Just what i needed after a long day at work.

I went out had my dinner and the returned for a restful nights sleep. I slept well and checked out the following day. I must say this is very nice hotel and all the staff i came into contact with very professional and helpful.

Travelodge moor street was one of the better hotels i have stayed in and i have been to some top 4/5 star hotels and they are right up there, So a big thank you to the all the staff there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at here on the 10th October. After reading some of the reviews I have to admit I was extremely worried as a female staying alone. Needless to say I needn’t of worried. When I arrived it was 7pm. No homeless drug takers outside as previously mentioned!
I walked into a clean welcoming reception where Leanne and Sohail greeted me they were both so helpful drawing me a map to use the next day and making sure I had all I need. My room was immaculate and heard nothing all evening. It is also very close to the centre and train station.
When I mentioned the horror stories I heard on here to reception they explained that yes there maybe homeless close by between 5.30 and 7 as over the road they hold the soup kitchen. So yes you may see homeless folks around but they are just trying to get a hot meal inside them they are not there to harass visitors to the hotel.
I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business