“Birminghams Best Kept Secret”
Review of Hotel La Tour

Hotel La Tour
Ranked #9 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Kidderminster
“Birminghams Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I had to stay in Birmingham overnight on business on a unplanned trip. I happened across the Hotel la Tour on route from Moore Street station . What a stunning hotel and a great surprise, I usualy stay at Malmaison, but will definateley be back at Hotel La Tour for future stays.
Food & service was top drawer and the client I was entertaining who was from Birmingham, was also very impressed. We didnt do cocktails but they were very tempting, The Ipad wine lists were great fun and our Tweed Kettle Sea Trout and Suffolk stew were also perfect. My bedroom was spot on, smart, funky and for a city centre hotel, incredibly quiet, they must have invested in really good quality glazing. All in all has to be Birminghams best kept secret, a great stay.

1 Thank Kevin2512
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour. Kind regards, Jane Riley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Thai first
Stratford upon Avon
Reviewed 27 April 2012

What a fabulous find, I stayed at the hotel recently as my normal stopover in Birmingham was full! Lucky for me I found La Tour on Bookings.com and having read the reviews I was not worried about my choice. The hotel exceeded my expectations, everything was first class. Will definately be staying again next time I'm in Birmingham.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour Birmingham and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley.
Hereford
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in the La Tour for the weekend and were surprised at the quality of everything we experienced from the moment we saw the Hotel. Very modern and stylish with exceptionally comfortable and contemporary rooms , the free WiFi was an added bonus. The meal we had in the Restaurant was extremely good , served by a very attentive team . With such a short walk to the Bullring it was great for us for shopping which my partner took full advantage of. We had a great weekend and will certainly be returning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel La Tour, Birmingham. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Lichfield
Reviewed 22 April 2012

It was a wet and miserable evening when we made our way to Hotel La Tour to sample the food which had been highly recommended by friends. If first impressions were anything to go by, then dinner had to be fantastic - excellent staff from the outset. I sampled one of the amazing sounding cocktails "The 1889" which was so delightful I had to have another one (or was it two!!). We were taken to our table and left to take in the fabulous looking menu. We both chose the harrogate leaf to start, which was quite frankly amazing - we both licked our plates clean!!! For our mains I chose the belly pork (cooked to perfection) with a side order of mashed potato (heavenly), my partner had perfectly cooked and tender steak and triple cooked chips - I can only assume he liked it as his plate was wiped clean!!! We were both stuffed but after looking at the pudding menu felt it would be rude not to sample them - we chose banana bread and butter pudding and apple and gingerbread crumble - again both choices were absolutely faultless, needless to say we polished them both off.

Our experience of Hotel La Tour and Aalto was excellent, we had a fantastic meal, the staff were amazing attentive without being suffocating. We will most definitely be returning again, with the only dilemma being what to eat next time.

2 Thank kerin1980
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour, Kind regards, Jane Riley
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Really surprised by this modern yet classic hotel in a busy City Centre location, walk through the doors and the busy city noise simply disappears, leaving you with a beautifully thought out feeling of tranquility and oppulence. The staff are incredible and couldn't do enough for us. The food, the service, the attention to detail - again "incredible". I was blown away by this experience and can't wait to return.

1 Thank Mandy183
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel La Tour in Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Jane Riley
Northampton
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here for one night the first week of opening.On our arrival we were met by excellent attentive staff that made us feel very welcome.Rooms were very chic and stylish they had all the mod cons you would need if you staying on buisiness.My husband and I made a reservation for "The Alto "restaurant we were not dissapointed, my husband had the rib eye which was cooked to perfection.After dinner we sampled the cocktail bar and was impressed by Paul and Zach mixing skills (think my husband tested most of the list ).All in all we had a superb stay and would not think twice about recommending this hotel...keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing you all again soon .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 5joem5
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 22 April 2012
Thank you for posting your thoughts, we really value your feedback, and I have passed on your comments to Paul and Zack. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel La Tour in the near future.
Kind regards, Jane Riley
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I held a recent meeting at the Hotel la tour and was blown away by the standard of the rooms and the attentive and professional staff. The food was first class as was the service.
I will definitely be using this hotel again and will almost certainly stay there the next time I am in Birmingham over night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
JJPRB2007, General Manager at Hotel La Tour, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel La Tour in Birmingham and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Jane Riley