All reviews cadbury world city centre groupon deal drayton manor short stay one night stay full english saturday night family room yogurt ncp queensway
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

4 of us stay here for 1 night . The room were very clean and the bed were very nice.and they staff were so friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault them at all. Not far from city centre and about 20 min from cadbury world.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
5  Thank Nbuckers
Simon D, General Manager at The Royal Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2016

Dear Nbuckers,

Thanks for the fantastic review. The team and I are really pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Royal Angus & we hope that you fully enjoyed your time at Cadbury World.

Reviewed April 17, 2016

When we paid £72 for dinner bed and breakfast for 2 I was highly suspicious that it was just too good to be true.....but it really was a good deal!!

Good central location, 15 mins leisurely walk to shops/ bars (if that). Clean and comfortable room, stayed on top floor, very quite nights sleep and comfortable bed. Half board offer included £40 for us to spend on dinner which was plenty - good pub grub type food.

The staff were all excellent, both on reception and in the restaurant, very friendly.
My only criticism was that there were not enough staff on at breakfast, only 2 staff and a full restaurant of ever decreasing food! While they worked hard to cook more, get more food out and eventually feed everyone (which they did) I felt most sorry for them! Lovely porridge (if you are a porridge fan).

Free internet connection and very fast too.

Room Tip: High floors maybe quieter if you choose to sleep with your window open (although you wouldn't need to as the rooms are not stuffy)
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zippythailand1
Simon D, Front Office Manager at The Royal Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

Dear Zippythailand1

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. Im glad you had a lovely stay. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Ilana du Preez
Reception Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Horrendous experience staying in this hotel, arrived at check in at around 6pm to find out that most of the rooms still hadn't been cleaned. Waited about 20 minutes to be allocated a room and when we did get up to the 5th floor we had been allocated the tiniest room I have ever seen, there is no way the bed was a double. I phoned down to see if we could be given something bigger to which I was told, rather rudely, no. With the room being so hot, I finally managed to fall asleep around 4am to then be woken 40 minutes later with the men in the next room screaming, swearing and beating each other up, with the walls being paper thin, we heard every word. Reception were aware of this and did absolutely nothing. The following morning, after breakfast (which was nice but not worth the £10 each we were charged) I expressed my concerns to reception who did not care. This was supposed to be a treat for my partners birthday, which was completely ruined.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank j0diecase
Simon D, General Manager at The Royal Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2016

Dear Jodiecase,

I really sorry to hear of the your experience during your recent stay & I would like to see if we can resolve some of the issues you faced which clearly are not expectable.

I will send you a direct message through Trip Advisor with my contact details.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

Our stag party of 16 spent 2 weekend nights in this hotel. It is well situated for shopping and clubbing, was clean and breakfasts were great. Whilst we were there, they had a problem with their boiler system but reacted very well to our complaint/concern.

I would happily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Simon_of_Barr

Dear Simon_of_Barr,

Thank for the kind review and comments given the issues we faced at the weekend. Obviously the breakdown of the boilers was outside of our control and & due to it being the weekend the part was not available for delivery so I created a very tense situation for everyone in the hotel.

I'm really pleased the team reacted in the right way and dealt with you in the manner you would expect. It's always difficult in these situations as I completely understand the impact from a guests perspective on your stay. I would like to apologise for the breakdown and I do hope other than this you all had a fantastic time in Birmingham.

Reviewed April 10, 2016

On the edge of the centre (easy access from Motorways down the A38) but within a short walk (20-30 minutes to the Bull Ring / New Street Station)
Hotel rooms are large, but dated.. although everything is clean and works.
Breakfast is typical English fare, and excellent quality (may be limited for non UK visitors who prefer wider choice of breads, cold meats / cheeses and salads etc).
All staff from reception, through cleaners through waiting staff are all very very friendly.
We stayed for weeks meeting, and are now plann

Room Tip: Try a room high and to the rear of the hotel (to avoid excessive noise from the highway)
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Shuttie

Dear Shuttie,

Thanks for the great review.

Historically we had more cold meats and cheeses on the buffet but they were not being eaten during breakfast so we added some other items to compensate. If any guest would like a variation to what is on display we would be happy accommodate any reasonable requests but it great you have raised the point as we need to promote this somewhere on breakfast.