“Good Value Hotel”

The Royal Angus Hotel
Ranked #71 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 May 2017

We stayed in a family room as part of a Cadbury World package. Staff very friendly and helpful. There was one little niggle with an unmade sofa bed, this was sorted with a quick call down to reception. A man came up to make it up but he had clearly never made a bed before and I ended up helping him. To be honest these kind of things don't really bother me, I just found it funny. I understand that this would be an issue for some guests. As far as I'm concerned hotel was a tad understaff and were having a bad day but it didn't affect my stay.
The hotel was better than I expected, a nice big, clean comfortable room. The staff were friendly. Breakfast was great. As a family we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
I have marked this a average as that is what I feel it is. I've stayed in better, I've stayed in worse. It is in a good location and would be great as a base for city centre visitors. Would I stay again? Yes!

Room Tip: Family room is a great size for a family of four.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I previously stayed at this hotel when it was under a different brand. Sadly since then standards have slipped and there had been little apparent investment in the rooms. The bathroom was good but the bed space could have been cleaner round the edges while the paint was cracked in places. Breakfast was fine but the coffee was weak and old. The sound proofing of the room could have been be better when compared with other city centre hotels I have stayed in. I might stay here again but only if convenient for work

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Failed to honour a Groupon booking leaving a young family very disappointed. Will not be booking here again. T5ttttttttt5tttt5tttttttttttyy6yuuuiopffdghjngddfggfghhvghhnhhhhhhh vvvvbbbgfjdysudllsisssssssssszslbdoddljjsifikgsissxiykkshdujlshmsshdlcyysydlhshxluxy xktsycxsygxoy

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Simon S
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Stayed at this hotel as part of a Cadbury World package over the Bank Holiday weekend and I have to say that we were really happy with this 3 start hotel. We had a family room which was 2 double bedrooms interconnected through a doorway. The rooms were clean and very spacious. We were very pleased with our rooms. The shower was great and bathroom very clean with plenty of towels. Each room had an iron ironing board and hairdryer. The breakfast in the morning was very fresh and plentiful. We all enjoyed then breakfast. Staff were also very helpful and polite. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 2017shaz
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Checking in was a smooth and easy process with very friendly staff that were welcoming. Unfortunately that's about it for the positives.

The rooms are so tired, shabby and out dated. There was no where to put anything either such as a chair or table. The radiator was broken but there was a heater in the room.

I had dinner in the restaurant which was only ok. Again the dining room needs an upgrade.

Overall it just needs some work done. I think it's overpriced for what it is.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We had a two night stay. Great geographically close to St. Peter's square and the surrounding area. Unattractive hotel but very good price and staff very helpful. Bed very comfy and room clean although a bit outdated. Certainly Couldn't ask for more for the price

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gilloandneilr
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We got the Groupon Deal - 2 adults and a child plus admission to cadburys world for £99.
We arrived and parked up in the NCP car park next door, 50% off is granted at this car park if you stay at the Royal Angus which was very good as it was pretty pricey if you had to pay in full. £13 we paid.
We were greeted by the receptionist who was very welcoming and helpful, he told us the basics and the way to our room.
The rooms were very basic but fine for a one night stay. Not much room to move about with 3 people but it was manageable. Clean and tidy. free wifi. Tv was quite dated with limited channels!
Breakfast was continental full English, help yourself with a wide Variety, from cereal to croissants, fruit and yoghurts. Everything was help yourself.
Overall, we checked in at 5pm and left at 10am we thought our stay was reasonable with no complaints! Ideal location for town centre and a bargain for the groupon deal!
Thanks Royal Angus