“best takeaway curry around”
Review of Purbobagh

Purbobagh
Ranked #908 of 2,480 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed April 5, 2018

love the Cheese Chicken Balti from here - good service and good food - miss the loyalty card they used to offer but still a good curry house

Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

Local curry house that serves very well made Indian food, a wide range of starters, mains and rice. They do deals as well so it is worth popping in midweek to get these. The food is lovely, staff are pleasant and overall price is very good.

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

After eating curry maybe 3 or 4 times a week I had a leaflet for purbobagh. I visited sumtime ago and loved the currys. I didn't know thru delivered. I placed an order 6 weeks ago for delivery. The service was excellent and food perfection. I have ordered regular since and even asked for xtra menus for my friends and neighbours who have also ordered and found their top curry aswell. Luvly flavour and fresh. Please order you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 30, 2017

Named after the village where the friendly owner's family hail from, this restaurant certainly provides good quality, extremely tasty, authentic Indian food - and all cooked freshly to order. It did not phase them that one of our party wanted a vegan curry in a particular sauce - they cooked it especially to order with delicious results. I had one of the best chicken shasliks I have ever had here. The portions were generous and we were well looked after. We all loved the food here. We shall definitely return !

Reviewed June 10, 2017

My husband and I decided to go to Purbobagh and what a very pleasant surprise. It was the best restaurant experience on our trip and some of the best food and service we have received anywhere! It is an average size restaurant with approximately 20 tables all with tablecloths. Our waiter was a man in his late 40’s and I believe was the manager. He was very accommodating and eager to please.
The menu was extensive. We ordered a bottle of red wine and to start, Papadom. It arrived at our table with a tray of four sauces along with onions, cucumbers and peppers. I ordered the Butter Chicken and my husband asked our waiter what he recommended. Our waiter’s face changed from intent to confidence and said, “I have just the dish. Will a medium heat be appropriate?” My husband said yes and the waiter put in our order. We were then brought an appetizer of tandoori chicken on a bed of onions sautéed in spices, including curry, compliments of the waiter. It was delicious! The main dishes arrived and we’re served tableside by our waiter. The Butter Chicken was absolutely amazing. My husband’s dish was chicken and boiled eggs with spices and a medium spicy sauce. He loved it. The Naan was the size of a large pizza and was light and fluffy. The portions were large and we had the remainder of our meals boxed up. One of the other waiters stopped by our table and said the manager was making a special desert for us. He brought us each a small parfait dish warm on the bottom with vanilla ice cream with a caramel sauce drizzled on top. At the bottom of the dish was a round doughnut type food soaked in a tasty syrup. It was as good as a dessert gets. Throughout our meal, our waiter engaged us in conversation and made us feel welcomed. The whole experience was very enjoyable and I highly recommend Purbobagh to anyone visiting or living in the Birmingham area.

1  Thank Barbara V