“Excellent food but read a book waiting ”
Review of Edmunds Lounge Bar & Eatery - CLOSED

Edmunds Lounge Bar & Eatery
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful experience on the tasting menu. The first course was a cop out bread and butter. The bread was a sourdough but nonetheless.... then came heritage tomatoes that were a masterclass of freshness and under statement. The jus was so delicate and hinted basil and coriander with goats cheese and flowers. Cod cheeks and mussels in a wonderful wine and butter sauce followed then quail with morel cooked to perfection. In the fullness of time the tegget chop arrived which was great but small served with dauphinois potato perfectly seasoned.
The chocolate ice cream served with salted Jerusalem
Artichoke foam was stunning. This was a bold juxtaposition that floored me. This dish alone almost overcame the long wait and tiny portions, almost but not quite. Finally yuzu and ganache petit fours with great espresso completed a memorable meal. Service was great and friendly. I heartily recommend this restaurant.
All in all this was a memorable experience that I want to give 5 stars but I feel the waiting was slightly too long between courses and the portions too twee and small.

Reviewed January 28, 2018

This place is a good stop for a few pints after work. Good choice of beers and decent eats as well. Usually prefer the Czech draft beer

Reviewed October 30, 2017

It had been many years since I'd visited this restaurant (when Andy Waters was head chef) so using a voucher offer, visited for dinner. Manager very helpfully let me use his phone as mine had died and although busy, accommodated our booking. Enjoyed beautifully presented food and tasty dinner in a French Bistro style. Excellent choices without having to pay exorbitant supplements. Good wine selection too. Lovely cosy atmosphere and beautiful decor to match tasty and well presented food. will be back.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

Good pub food and good menu, reasonably priced and big portions, fast service, quirky interior decor. Would return.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Six of us on our sons graduation, my wife doesn't eat meat and my daughter's boyfriend doesn't eat much so it's always a challenge.
The menu was simple but we'll put together, I started with the scallops which were cooked perfectly and presented well. As expected this was not a meal for a hungry man but enough for a starter, the soup was a larger portion and again was prepared and served very well.
I had the Welsh Beef which I have 'blue' and this was excellent, my wife had skate which was in a light batter and extremely well prepared and cooked. Liam had burger which he enjoyed.
For sweet I had pear with fudge ice cream which was just right, as were all of the sweets, with perhaps the exception of the cremebrule which if anything was a little runny. This was the only thing I could fault with the whole experience.
The price was around the 250 mark including drinks and the 12.5% service charge, which I might have objected to had the service not been excellent.
All in all well worth a visit - good food, well cooked, well presented and served by excellent staff.
Thanks