Old Rose and Crown Hotel
US$109
US$102
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$40
Priceline
US$69
US$67
Priceline
All reviewslickey hillswedding venuewedding coordinatorwonderful weddingsmall hotelbig roombooked last minutebreakfast is servedfull englishwould recommend this hotel to anyonecomfortable roomslovely hotelexcellent breakfasthotel is situateddefinitely stay here againfamily rooman overnight stay
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Theres not many hotels so close to a city center where you can wake up to a great breakfast and the sound of bird song outside your window with the parklands and woods stretching for miles , such a lovely friendly hotel well maintained and at a sensible price .

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank pobobs
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have recently stayed here for two nights, attending a friends wedding. On arriving staff were very helpful, friendly and informative. My room (5) was lovely, warm, clean and inviting with a good size bathroom also very clean and well presented. The bedroom contained a double bed, well dressed! wardrobe, dressing table, bedside cabinets and lamps and a flat screen tv. Tea and coffee making facilities and toiletries also provided. This room is on the front of the hotel and traffic could be heard but curtains were heavy and lined and this did help. (Im from a small village so not used to traffic noise so this was something to get used too) Room (8) also on front, very pleasant fresh and clean and laid out slightly different had a beautiful fireplace to compliment its decor with a good size bathroom. Room (4) on front with bay window, much bigger in size, clean and beautifully put together as are all the other rooms but has a much smaller bathroom and very small vanity sink as space allows but still very clean, fresh and modern. All of these rooms had a pleasant outlook and on the second day we had heavy snow which transformed the surrounding views and brought traffic to a halt.

Breakfast was between 6.30 and 9.00 cereal, fruit, toast, full English, tea and coffee. All very nice and staff very friendly, helpful and pleasant, nothing was too much trouble and all seemed happy in their work. (I have found the morning staff in other places I have stayed quite miserable and unhelpful). As we were attending a wedding service and reception at this venue we along with other guests had the run of the place, which made the stay very personal. I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to return with my partner in the near future. Thank you to a wonderful team and making our stay most perfect. Heather from Mells nr Frome Somerset

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Heather1961R
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a family get together and meal post Christmas and was very pleasantly surprised with the quality and service at this somewhat out of the way bed and breakfast / restaurant i would hasten to add that a pre booking at this popular venue is advisable

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 0121raymond
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We had our works Christmas do on Friday at this hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful and the venue is really nice and clean and has recently undergone a revamp. I hate to have to say when the Rose and Crown could have so much going for it, that the food was so disappointing. The starter of florida cocktail had come straight out of a tin, there was no effort to make it look appealing or appetizing. For my main course I chose the vegetarian option which was vetetarian lasagna, which on its own was fine but served with sprouts, carrots and mashed potato was extremely odd, Again it was not presented very well.
This hotel could be such an excellent venue, with the beatuiful suroundings but let down so badly by its food!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Rachael G
Oldroseandcrownhotel, Owner at Old Rose and Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

I am really grateful for your review, it has been an exteremely busy and successful Christmas at the Hotel since the refurbishment and I have to confess to running out of stock on 2 occassions; whilst the melon was obviously fresh we did use tinned grapefruit and mandarin segments, we should have told you this and have given you an alternative option. I can't make excuses and have since found a supplier at the wholesalers who can meet my demands.
With regards to your main course, you are correct there shouldn't have had sprouts or mash on the plate and I have taken steps to ensure this is not repeated.
I hope this didn't spoil your time with us and went on to enjoy the evening at the Hotel, if you want to contact me directly I would welcome the oppurtunity of inviting you back in the near future. Thank you for your review, it does make me look up and think!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

A GREAT DAY FOR OUR FAMILY EVENT - PERFECT!

Our party of 20 hired a function room to celebrate a double christening last Sunday, and thought it would be a good idea to opt for a traditional Christmas Lunch menu. The standard carvery menu was reasonably priced and was just great - beautifully cooked and presented, and everything piping hot!

The staff were extremely attentive and cheerful, and every member of our party came away feeling we'd had a perfect day. Even my son, who has spent 20 years managing hotels (and rarely compliments anyone!) said that he couldn't remember a time when he had such a nice hotel experience. The staff even put on a surprise appearance of Father Christmas with gifts for our two youngsters.

I'd have no reservations about recommending the Old Rose and Crown to anyone planning a family event - and what a great setting for a wedding!!

In the meantime, The Old Rose and Crown will be seeing members of our family regularly from now on for Sunday Lunch.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family