“Girls night out”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So this was the second time that I’ve visited Turtle Bay and yet again I left feeling disappointed!! After over an hour of waiting our food finally arrived. Of course it had been ready and sat on the counter for quite sometime. Which of course meant the food was cold. Sent it back to the kitchen and lol and behold it was ready and with us in less than 10 minutes. The drinks weren’t much quicker, we were told that the cocktail ‘One Love’ wasn’t available, 10 minutes later a couple sat down next to us with the cocktail that apparently wasn’t on the menu that night!! When we asked for the bill there was no apology, yes we weren’t charged for the food but a little “I’m sorry, we have only charged you for the drinks.” Nothing. Needless to say this is one restaurant I will never be returning too!!

Turtle_Bay_Bham, General Manager at Turtle Bay Caribbean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience last night, we did face some issues but never the less this should have been communicated to you. Do feel free to contact me on birmingham@turtlebay.co.uk to discuss things further.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,089)

A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Ten out of ten for this gem of a place. The food was delicious and the service was great. The whole atmosphere was conducive to a perfect experience!

Turtle_Bay_Bham, Manager at Turtle Bay Caribbean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, it goes a long way to creating team morale for our staff. Next time may I recommend our Curry Goat which is a signature dish and full of flavour, definitely washed down with a Ginger Beer.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This resturant is just like stepping into the carribean...the food is amazing and the cocktails are superb if your a rum fan.beautiful decor, lively and quirky throughout! Only negative is its so busy in there its hard to get the the waiters attention and the seating arrangments could be better.always book a few days before you visit as it fills up quickly.

Thanks Lisa, we will ensure our staff are more attentive so that you get to enjoy the experience even more. See you soon for some lovely 241 cocktails.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went for lunch , two adults , never been before so had no idea on what to expect. We had the £18 sharing starter which consisted of Garlic chilli pit prawns, Crispy chilli squid, Jerk pit wings and Crispy whitebait, the portions were larger than expected and were all fantastic, I had the Red snapper curry and my wife had the Goat curry, again portions were larger than expected and the flavours were brilliant, all this washed down with Turtle Bay Cider (2 each )
My wife was full after all this so turned down Dessert whereas I had space for the Upside down cake with a rum chaser.

All in all came to £69 with tips not included. I will definitely be back for more. Oh and the service was very good!

Glad you had a lovely time and that everything was on point during your visit. Next time you must save room for dessert, let me recommend the Treacle pudding which is amazing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great selection of food, amazing cocktails and a great atmosphere! It really ended my friends graduation day with a special touch

Thanks Leanne, we hope you had a great evening, Graduation day needs to be remembered. Hope to see you soon for our delicious half jerk chicken with coconut glaze, its amazing.