“Great restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: Lasan is synonymous with exquisite cuisine that teases the senses and stirs the soul, delivering the true essence of India in all its glory. Experience how sublime Indian food really can be at Gordon Ramsay's Best Local Restaurant in the UK.
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Menu original & different. Had a wnderful meal (& we're fussy!), great ambience, staff attentive and very courteous. Would heartily recommend.

8  Thank Traveler17094933869
LasanGRP_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Lasan Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Traveler,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for choosing to dine with us... it's lovely to hear you enjoyed the dining experience so much and we hope we'll be having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food (The lamb is the best I've ever ever had) as well as excellent rice, naans etc. Drinks are fairly priced. Service was good.

But, and I realise it may have just been a one-off, but it was just too noisy inside.

I appreciate it's a city restaurant
.. but I'm 31, therefore I can tolerate high volumes more than most... But if it's too loud for me, then it really was. Potentially it didn't help being sat RIGHT in the middle of the room therefore you were surrounded by chatter on all sides; so on one of the outside tables you may not notice....

As I say, maybe some variables, maybe was bad luck, whatever. I can only judge on the mid-week early evening I attended. Whatever the reason, if the waiters are having to almost shout to you to get themselves heard, something is very wrong.

Would I go back? For the food sure, but I'd have to request a quiet corner first!

Date of visit: September 2018
3  Thank OCFilm

Dear Theo,

Thank you so much for visiting Lasan, and this delightful review is much appreciated. We're thrilled to hear you had such a great dining experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

We attended today for my father’s 70th birthday. They staff and manager were amazing at helping us out with every request. Very family friendly and the food was so delicious ! One of the best Indian restaurants I have been to. We thoroughly enjoyed it and thank the restaurant for their attentiveness !

8  Thank Naheed I
LasanGRP_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Lasan Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2018

Dear Naheed,

Thank you so much for choosing Lasan as the venue for your father's 70th birthday celebrations, and for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We're thrilled to hear you had such an outstanding dining experience and we hope we'll be having the pleasure of your company again very soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Having read a couple of recent 1/5's who reckon the food here is bland; I don't usually do this but after yet another fabulous evening of wonderfully flavoursome Indian cuisine with friends, I'm happy to say those scores are utter rubbish. The food here is excellent, but you may end up paying more than you would at the local curry house and for a lot of people that grates.

This is a fine dining restaurant, and speaking as someone who does Michelin starred dining on a monthly basis, the whole approach to the customer and the cuisine served, is up there.

From the little amuse-bouche to tickle the palate, to the accompanying dips which are not the bog standard mango-chutney, et al: the food here delights with high quality ingredients, cooked beautifully and far beyond the ordinary.

As mentioned, we dined with two friends who'd never been before and they were blown away by the whole experience.

We had starters of Awadhi Murgh, Pakoras, Konkan Kedada (soft-shell crab) and Mahi Machli. Followed by mains of Punjabi Makhan Chicken (chicken tikka masala) and Nellore Chappa (Halibut) with an amazing allepy sauce. All accompanied by naans and Pilau rice.

It was all exquisitely flavoured with great balance of heat, and with sauces to die for. The Makhan chicken is beyond any tikka masala I've ever had, it's utterly gorgeous.

Service was excellent with great attention to detail and no mistakes and we chose a bottle of Prosecco and a pretty decent Merlot for accompanying drinks.

For this two course à la carte with bottles of Prosecco and Wine, water, tea and tip, the bill came to £240, or £60 a head. For this standard against the world of fine dining cuisine I've experienced, it's extremely good value. I love it here and find the whole atmosphere, experience and of course the food, very memorable. We'll be back again soon.

10  Thank SolihullTraveller

Dear SolihullTraveller,

Thank you so much for dining at Lasan, and for taking the time to write this detailed, articulate review. It's wonderful to receive such high praise from a discerning guest, and we're over the moon to hear you had such an amazing experience. Here's to having the pleasure of serving you again very soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Having spent all day excited about visiting this restaurant, I left dissatisfied and disappointed.
The food is bland and uninspiring. Not what we expected. Had the soft shell crab for starter, no flavour, not a hint of crab taste, just tasted of cooking oil !
The mains were poor, under spiced and tasteless. Certainly not fine dining by any means!
Our overpriced wine was left 6ft away from us and the waiter only seemed to top one glass up, leaving the other empty.
Left a little confused as how this restaurant classed itself in the fine dining bracket
Wouldn't return even for half the price!

1  Thank vicky e

Dear Vicky,

Thank you so much for dining with us, and for taking the time to write this review. We're sorry to hear your dining experience wasn't an amazing one, as it is for almost all our guests, and we hope you'll return in future to sample some of our other dishes.