“still one of my favourite places to eat”
Review of Duet Cuisine

Duet Cuisine
Ranked #74 of 2,481 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$16 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The regenerated Fort Dunlop is home to Duet Cuisine, a restaurant which brings together history and modernity as impressively as its surroundings. Here you���ll find two well loved cuisines living side by side in an attractive contemporary restaurant. The airy warehouse space is relaxed yet formal enough for a business lunch or a date to impress. Meanwhile that combination menu, created by two internationally acclaimed Chefs, allows for a freedom of choice ��� ideal for when you want Indian but your friend fancies pasta? The extensive a la carte menu includes favourites such as Lasagne Al Forno and Chicken Tikka Balti while a lunch buffet offers both cuisines with a creative twist.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

lovely décor and service excellent - meals have always been good - my favourite place for a special night out

2  Thank Bev N

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival we were immediately approached, shown to a table and seated. The restaurant was very quiet though.
We were then handed some menus and given time to peruse them. One of the group commented that it's hard enough choosing from one menu at times but technically having two menus in one, it was a hard choice. The waiter came over to take the order but we hadn't fully decided so took a drink order. The drinks are not on the menu and the waiter reeled off the options for use to choose from.
We were then given as much time as we needed to decide what we were going to eat. I went for Indian, 2 others went for Italian and 1 went for an Indian starter with Italian main.
Scampi fritters were the 2 Italian starters and they both commented how nice and enjoyable they were. Shish kebab and mixed grill were the 2 Indian starters. My mixed grill was flavoursome, cooked well and a decent size portion for a starter. The shish kebab dish wasn't commented on so I presume it was standard.
When the starter plates for taken we were asked if we were ready for our main meals which for me is a positive.
Main meals We had, rack of lamb, fillet steak, duet karahi and tagliatelle pollo.
My karahi was again a decent portion, very tasty with plenty of meat and prawn. Very nice indeed.
The rack of lamb looked and tasted great, cooked well and very enjoyable as was the fillet steak. Fillet is a tough cut to cook correctly to your liking and I was surprised that it was cooked just right to what was ordered (medium rare) both people only had positive things to say about their dishes.
The tagiatelle pollo was also nice but having seen the other dishes commented that 'I think I could have choose better'
Well you'll know for next time.

All in all, the food was great, the service was steady, non pushy but there when you wanted it.
A great evening!
I would recommend visiting here and trying the food. We'll definitely be going back.

1  Thank Getaway186657
Reviewed March 31, 2018

ABOUT ME:
When I'm at home I rarely have the same meal consecutively, i.e. leftovers. I keep my diet varied by involving cuisines from all over the world, this is not being "flash", it's just that I get bored easily.
With Asian cuisine we tend to order one dish that we know well and one of the "House Specials", generally safe in the knowledge that we will get something we can finish.

REVIEW:
Some of the best Asian food I've ever had, halfway through my main course I'm thinking about what I'm going to order the next day.
I've mentioned on several occasions about the fact that I cannot eat fresh coriander; all too often this will mean that I end up with some incredibly bland offering - the chef interpreting "no fresh coriander" for no spice. I was assured by our waiter that we would get a perfectly spiced dish and "the devil's weed" wouldn't be anywhere to be found. What we were given was simply stunning; great spicing, quality cuts of meat and, incredibly rare in a curry, juicy prawns. The naan bread was light, crispy round the edge, perfect to scoop up the sauce - gorgeous.
Day two - took recommendation for both dishes from our waitress who remembered us from the previous night and recalling the fact that we don't eat "the green stuff". Could the food be better than the first night(?), absolutely; we finished every dish and if we could have licked the plate clean we would have!

The restauarant, "Duet", is dual cuisine; Italian and Asian (Indian?). I cannot comment on the Italian food, but I did overhear some "mmms and aahs" from other tables.

1  Thank Gwyn S
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

This place is a little hidden beauty! Very tasty curry, I had madras twice in 1 week whilst away with work. Colleagues second my thoughts with their own meal.

Staff friendly and attentive without being pushy, held door open for us on arrival and departure, sometimes it’s the simple things.

Hidden away in Fort Dunlop but a must! Relaxing setting too, not loud (in the week) like some Indian restaurants can be.

See you again soon Duet!

Thank You.

1  Thank stuartjj2016
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Came for my sons birthday on Sunday Excellent service and food that we all enjoyed. Can’t fault this place.

2  Thank RaineyJO