1,431 results
All reviews murder mystery city centre hagley road free car parking bus stop single room rooms are small would stay again executive room ironing board afternoon tea self service reception area full english tea and coffee making facilities short stay comfy bed
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Stayed here to join a Murder Mystery Night function. On arrival was welcomed and checked in with no issues. I had to put my car registration into their computer so we were not charged. My room was small but clean and a large TV. Glad the air conditioning was in the room as it was very hot outside although it was noisy. The function was very good and the food was also a very good standard. During the night the AC did keep the room cool but every time it kicked in it was noisy. When another room used the shower their was obviously a pump as it made a large racket but it did not go on for too long. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 5, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you overall enjoyed your time with us. All feedback is greatly welcome and it does enable us to monitor our performance and make changes where possible. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again very soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Strathallan.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Myself my wife and my daughter stayed here for 4 days recently. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The staff were generally helpful and polite. But i must say 2 individuals for me stood out. Bal who was working on the desk when we arrived was very proffessional but also friendly under difficult circumstances. The computer system was down. We were checked in promptly and in our room in minutes. Whenever we needed anything, it seemed like Bal was always on hand to help. After sleeping well we headed down for breakfast there was one character who had a big smile and an attitude to match. He entertained our 5 year old and brought fruit for her. Mohamed made breakfast more enjoyable. Its clear to see he is a very kind generous person. Great stay and a special thanks to Bal and Mohamed. Great job guys see you again soon.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank RichardA1588
Management response:Responded June 5, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and the team looked after you. Your kind words will be shared with all my team and I know Bal and Mohamed will be over the moon with your feedback. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Strathallan.

Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Arrived and informed the hotel that I had booked 2 nights. One at a very cheap rate and the other almost three times more expensive. Found out that their rooms were small, medium or large. I had booked a small and a medium.

The receptionist offered me a viewing of the rooms so I could understand the sizes. She was great and couldn't be faulted.

I upgraded to the large "Executive" room from my original booking.

Also, book your breakfast the day before as it almost doubles in price if you pay on the day.

A gym is on the ground floor too. Minutes away from the centre via the busstop outside so very convenient.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rmcc00ty
Management response:Responded June 5, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that overall your enjoyed your time with us and glad the team could help you. Your kind words will be shared with all my team. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Strathallan

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location just off a busy through road , so very easy to get there and ample free parking . Hotel reception and bar are all open plan , so you get a feeling of space . Rooms although rather small are comfortable and clean . I would say proberbly not ideal for 2 people sharing. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall a good hotel but certainly not 4 star !!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded May 26, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you found your room clean and comfortable and the team looked after you. Your kind words will be shared with my team. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon. With warm regards, Amy and Team Strathallan.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Having stayed at a Hallmark hotel in a different location, we were expecting a high quality break - it was OK but not as nice. The (City) room was very small (double bed was squeezed into a space that had walls on 3 sides of it - meaning one person had to climb over the other to get in or out of it!). There was a small gap between the free edge of the bed and the desk. No real hanging space/wardrobe, just a few hangers over the desk. Serviceable for a place to sleep and clean. The room did however have a damp, fausty smell. There is a gym - a smallish room by reception with maybe a dozen exercise machines in (We didn't go in, but could see through the door). We didn't see it being used at all whlist we were there. There were no other leisure facilities. The breakfast was very good, freshly cooked and good quality products. Compared to other hotels we've stayed in, I wouldn't call this a 4*.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded May 26, 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry if the city room you booked was not what you were expecting. We have 3 rooms types to offer guests when booking with pictures and description on our websites, to give guests all the information they need to decide on our rooms and facilities. We also have standard and Executive rooms to offer. I am pleased you liked the breakfast and will share you lovely words with my team. I do hope you we can welcome you back if you have an opportunity to be in the area again and thank you for your most valuable feedback. With warm regards, Amy and Team Strathallan