“Our anniversary meal”

Asha's Indian Resturant and Bar
Ranked #106 of 2,439 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$20 - US$79
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: Birmingham now has its very own brimful of Asha right here on Newhall Street. We're not kidding, Asha's is the latest addition to legendary Bollywood singer Asha Bhosle's empire. Following on from the success of restaurants in Kuwait and Dubai this is a place where fans of Indian music and Indian food can combine their passions. The space is large but intimate, decorated in a warm, welcoming style. And if you were concerned about theme-ish menus worry no more, from the fabulous Tandoori kebabs to the unmissable curries you'll be singing the praises of Asha's food all the way home.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I booked the meal last minute for a Wednesday evening. we arrived 20 mins early but were shown to our table , after 5 mins my wife did not like where we were sitting as she was by a pillar. they moved us to one of there booths which was lovely. they then brought our drinks and took the order . Nothing is too much trouble and the food is fantastic. the starters are huge , so if there is only 2 of you you can get full on starters.

i'ts not cheap but you can tell by the quality of the food they are using quality ingredients. Never had a bad meal here!

when i hooked online it asked if it was an occasion , i won't tell you what they did ( incase you book) but a lovely touch!

5 star all the way!

1  Thank Logan K
AshasBirmingham, Reservations Co-ordinator at Asha's Indian Resturant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely words! The whole team were very happy to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your evening at Asha's.
It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you soon for another visit soon!

Karen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I asked reception at the Rotunda to recommend some really good restaurants. They suggested Adams (which has a Michelin star) and Asha's. I emailed Adam's with a request for a table for 1...they could not help me...I would have gone at any time of the evening and cleared quickly but perhaps they don't like tables for one? Which is how I ended up at Asha's.

Table for one? No problem. Service, superb. House champagne by the glass, really good for a 'house" champagne. Cuisine, absolutely delicious.

I felt as if I was perhaps in a New York City restaurant, not in Birmingham as this place had that sort of a feel to it. Comfortable, very together, clean, enjoyable in every way.

How this is only No 98 on Tripadvisor is beyond me. I guess most of the others are far cheaper and so more popular. But if you want a high quality experience with service to match...this is where to go.

2  Thank BarryAscot
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We are having a barrow boat holiday over Easter in Birmingham and wanted an Indian supper on the Bank Holiday Monday. We searched on Trip Advisor for the best Indian near Gas Street Basin and were pointed to Asha’s. We very pleased with the result as the restaurant has great food, great service and great ambiance. Well done to Asha’s.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your valuable feedback from your recent visit to Asha's Birmingham. It was a pleasure to read how your expectations were exceeded throughout your experience. Looking forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

It’s is expensive but you paying for quality food especially the slow cooked lamb and prawns , drink wise we went for their mock tails superb taste and the restaurant ambiance are so comfortable.

1  Thank Shfge18
AshasBirmingham, Reservations Coordinator at Asha's Indian Resturant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great review!

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and we hope to see you again soon!

kind regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Both the food and the service were very good but at nearly double the cost of other quality Indian restaurants I would hesitate to recommend a visit, I personally cannot justify the cost. The table we were at was near to the window and the 3 who sat on that side all complained of the cold, a table away from the window would be recommended.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time out to leave us feedback – I am sorry you feel that the cost of your meal was not justified however here at Asha’s Birmingham we do pride ourselves on offering a high standard of food and service at all times.
We do our very best to keep the restaurant warm and we do ensure the restaurant temperature is always at an acceptable level – I can only apology if members of your party felt the cold in the window area.

We hope to see you here at Asha’s Birmingham again soon.