“Dinner before show”
Review of Barajee

Barajee
Reserve with OpenTable
Barajee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 2,533 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Description: Located in the heart of Birmingham's vibrant Broad Street,overlooking Brindleyplace, NIA,ICC, Symphony Hall and close to the Hyatt Regency Hotel- Restaurant Barajee is a Classical Indian restaurant specially designed with the discerning diner in mind. Restaurant Barajee offers a touch of class, luxury and opulence, liberally spiced with superb creative menus offering superlative indian cuisine, acfcompanied by the finest wines and beers from around the world.
Reviewed January 11, 2018

My husband and I visited this restaurant for the first time last week. I had the prawn puree starter my husband chilli chicken I then had a chicken madras, my husband chicken Pathia, with a keema rice, a garlic rice and naan bread. plus two alcoholic drinks each.
The waiter who served us was very nice and helpful.
The food arrived and it was all delicious.
We both commented how nice the food was and how the location over looking the water was delightful.
The bill arrived which I thought was reasonable, paying by debit card, we also, at the time of handing the card over gave the waiter a 10% tip in cash.

On arriving home I was furious to discover having paid a 10% tip in cash the staff had then entered a further 10% service charge onto our card.
Yes, we should have checked our bill but didn't because we had already handed the cash over, I was very angry that the same waiter we gave the cash to did not, either inform us or remove the service charge from our bill.

It simply ruined the perfect meal at the perfect place.
Please all check your bill !!!.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here many a time. Tonight I have discovered that they have swapped the prawns that they usually use for much smaller shrimps! I would rather they upped their charge and kept to high quality ingredients. It wasn’t busy tonight but the service was mediocre. Finished my pint and nobody offered me another. Very strange for a business I thought. Might be losing their competitive edge which surprises me somewhat!

Reviewed December 12, 2017

It was very busy. Service and food wasn't great. To top up I spent the night sick and throwing up the dish I had

Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Smells amazing as soon as you walk in! Great spot looking over the canal. Spot on bottle of wine, fab food, not too over bearing staff but polite. Couldn't ask for more at the price. Will be back.

Reviewed December 10, 2017

A nice restaurant with very good food - Given its central location and its proximity to NIA and Symphony Hall its prices are very fair

Recommended