Premier Inn Coventry East (M6,Jct2) Hotel
US$69
US$79
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
The Jacobean Hotel(Allesley)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$37
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$45/night.

US$125
PremierInn.com
US$67
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspizza hutten pin bowlingshowcase cinemahour tescolarge tescoretail parkbrewers fayregood nights sleepcomfortable bedsair conricoh arenaeasy accessstaff on receptionplenty of parkingnight's sleeproom was spotlessfamily room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

Family get together stayed here I couldn't fault one thing about this hotel. Beds very comfortable rooms spotless staff brilliant we arrived a little late on Friday night from Ireland and Scott went the extra mile to make sure we had something to eat he could not have been nicer as were all d other staff didn't get all d names but Laura was on reception when we left I will most certainly b back

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2018

Very good value for money, ideal for business trip. After a long journey from Portsmouth fighting traffic all the way, easy checkin, quick shower & chilled for the evening. Had stopped on the way to pick up sandwich & drink so no need to use plentiful facilities nearby. Woke up refreshed for meeting the following morning.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Stayed just one night, young chap friendly on reception, room warm and clean. Comfy night's sleep. Nice fluffy towels. Breakfast in adjacent Brewer's Fayre was excellent, porridge, poached eggs cooked perfectly to order. Plenty of choice in cold and hot items. Location a bit out of Coventry but close to M6.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018

This was not a great stay overall. It had the odd highlight, but generally, I couldn't wait to leave.

It started poorly with a buzzer to gain entry to the premises (once you have your room card, you can use that). The reception desk is sporadically staffed; during the time I was there I noticed that the staff seem to prefer to spend their time in a side room adjacent to the lifts, rather than on reception. There's another buzzer to alert them someone is there, but this was not promptly responded to on several occasions.

The hotel does not have a resturant or bar so if you want anything to eat or drink, you're having it offsite. For room packages that include breakfast, there are arrangements with the Brewers Fayre next door which frankly, is as average as this place so it's quite an appropriate pairing.

My room was chilly and fairly souless - sparsely fitted and a sofa bed thing in the corner that presumably kids are expected to use. Fortunately, I was alone.

There's not a lot to do nearby - there's a Showcase cinema, Burger King, Nando's and a large ASDA. There's also a Holiday Inn and I would strongly urge you to book there rather than here - it looked lovely and even had a restaurant.

Breakfast didn't go well. I presented myself at the Brewers Fayre and quoted my room number to be told that I was not on the breakfast list and strongly urged to purchase breakfast. I declined as I had an email confirmation on my phone that my rate included breakfast. This made no difference and I was again urged to buy breakfast. I returned to the hotel - another 10 minute wait in reception after pressing the buzzer. I explained the position and was surprised to be told fairly defensively by the receptionist that she "couldn't see" breakfast on the system. Again, I pointed out my confirmation email and held firm. After much tapping away at her PC and a fair bit of huffing and puffing on her behalf, she telephoned the booking agent to find out what the position was. She had suggested I call them myself but I'd declined, holding firm that my position was that I had an email of confirmation stating breakfast was included and hence, this was an issue between the booking agent and the hotel. Eventually, after a great deal of discussion, I was given a voucher to redeem for breakfast next door and I returned there some THIRTY MINUTES later. Had I been on a tight schedule, I'd have had to give up and it was hard not to come to the conclusion that this would have been the receptionist's preferred outcome.

On a brighter note, there was a nice selection of complimentary magazines in the foyer.

Unfortunately, that was the only bright note.

Good luck if you're going here - maybe I was just unlucky, but I sensed not.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Daft80sBloke
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Coventry East (M6,Jct2) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for the review for our Coventry East (M6 Jct2) hotel.

It's such a shame you didn't have a great experience during your time staying with us. I can fully appreciate the frustration you would have felt waiting for a team member to answer the buzzer when you arrived. We are sorry it took several attempts for someone to respond.

Not only do we intend to provide the best quality service, but also provide the best quality rooms so it's very disappointing your room seemed chilly and wasn't up to the standard we would expect. We are in the process of refurbishing our older hotels, and it sounds like this hotel maybe one of the sites that is due to have this refurbishment. We have passed on feedback to the Property Management Team for their consideration for reviewing our hotels in future.

I'm also very sorry to hear of the confusion and issues in regards to your breakfast. We are glad you were able to have a voucher to use so that you could still have your breakfast with, but we are sorry for the delay and any stress that would have been caused prior. We would like to assure you that all your feedback and comments have been passed on to the manager of the hotel, as we certainly would not want any similar issues to occur again.

Once again our sincere apologies for any disappointment caused throughout your stay. We do hope this hasn't put you off staying with us again and we hope that you'll be able to benefit from the true Premier Inn experience in future.

Kind regards,