See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 9, 2017

I've stayed here a couple of times out of necessity as I don't like shared bathrooms .and I agree its not that bad. Its easily walk able from the centre of Coventry, there is an corner shop and an excellent takeaway less then 5 minutes walk away. the landlady was polite, and offered me cup of tea because I looked frazzled after the walk. Had a triple room, which was immaculate and newly decorated. flat screen tv, which I couldn't get to work - but decided not to explore further, as I can do without a tv for one night surely? Bathroom looked newly decorated and clean. Didn't have breakfast as I needed to leave very early. Would I stay there again? Yes

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Andree W
Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

I travelled to Coventry for a conference and stayed at this B&B for 2nights. After reading the other reviews, I was a little worried but didn't have time to make other arrangements. I didn't have the highest expectations but was pleasantly surprised. The room was comfortable, had wifi, the bathroom was clean and the breakfast was nice. Their was a language barrier so at times their was a little lost in translation. All in all it was a decent place and I'd go back again. It's right in the centre which made it easy for me to get transport and for the price I paid, I really can't complain.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 7, 2016

I read all the negative reviews but I still decided to give it go for a stay of 3 nights. And from my experience I can tell that it was not that bad and certainly not a disaster. I guess the fundamental reason for it is because I speak the same language as the staff at the guesthouse. However, I do firmly believe that staff should not be prejudiced in their service and treatment of guests purely on the basis of language/culture/race/disability which may have happened judging by some of the reviews. Now on to the room and the guest house itself.

Cleanliness-This is an old property that that has been refurbished and contains live-in B&B owner and guest rooms that are spread on 1st and 2nd floor. I booked a single en-suite room but got the room on 2nd floor which happened to be a spacious twin room. The room, bedding and towels were clean. The shower though left a lot to be desired as the water pressure from the shower head was very low.
I was told there is a refrigerator that is in room however, I found that it was outside the room and already had some food items for storage in the freezer. Hmmm....
Service- I sprained my neck on one night and requested a heat spray which was promptly delivered to me and the owner also made an effort to inquire my condition next morning.
Parking- The BnB does not have a parking and you will to park some distance away from it.
All in all I would rate it as above average to good experience.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2016

How amazing to read these other reviews about the dreadful service because I also had a very upsetting experience in connection with a booking that I made via Booking.com . Two days before I was due to go there I received a very unpleasant phone call from a woman there to say that my booking had been cancelled & I'd have to find another place. I assumed that this was because twice, for reasons I don't quite understand, my credit cards had been declined. However, the lady I spoke to gave me no reasons for the cancellation, no chance to explain, no offer of another card or for me to pay in cash and when I was trying to explain put the phone down on me. This high-handed cancellation has caused me a lot of extra time and expense and has made my plans for our stay in Coventry much more complicated. I made an official compliant to Booking.com who advised me that their procedures are that no cancellation of a booking made through them should take place without the hotel first having notified them. I understand that they didn't follow that procedure.

Room Tip: Don't even go there
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alastair T
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

Never ever use this place. Rude hosts grotty rooms and very poor food. Went there for business trip to Coventry will never darken their doorstep again. Greeted by a very rude host. Room was dirty and cold. Would have had a better nights sleep in the car.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business