See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 8, 2017

On arrival, I could not find a member of staff so I called the property from the hallway and was met with a rude, aggressive member of staff telling me that I did not have a reservation to which I persisted that I did. She then emerged and continued to be aggressive and rude. When shown the confirmation email, she claimed that she had phoned me to say that I could no longer be accommodated which she had not. And told me to leave at once. I have never encountered such terrible customer service. Appalled. DO NOT STAY HERE. Ended up checking into the Premier Inn down the road which was a totally different experience-I suggest you go straight there. When I explained the events of the evening, their receptionist immediately guessed that I had planned to stay at Highcroft-aparently this sort of thing happens a lot. Don't let it happen to you!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank HGa1234
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Husband arrived to be told he need to pay even though booking had been paid in full via booking.com. even showing the woman confirmation she was still insistent saying you have paid booking.com not me. Eventually sorted it but no customer service skills. Pay a couple of pound more and go somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Dawn B
Reviewed July 19, 2017

I stayed here on Friday with two friends. The land lady didn't put much confidence in us when we first got there. We rand the bell and she answered the door and she said "have you booked a room?", not Hello or Welcome. I am putting this down to we didn't state a time we were going to arrive. I think she may live at the property and we may have woken her up.

We paid, were given a key and sent up to our room. After the greeting, we weren't exactly filled with confidence as to what our room (room no.3) was going to look like.

We were expecting an stingy little out-dated room, however we entered a spacious room with three single beds, a sink, tea and coffee making facilities, a tv, a table, small wardrobe and a sofa. It was perfect for just a nights stay.

The beds were all comfy, apart from one which was rather squeaky, as long as you didn't move you were fine!

The bedding was clean and the sheets were really soft!

Having a shared bathroom was no bother for us. I think what was a bonus is no one else was staying there at the time! If they were, they were very quiet.

The bathroom was really clean and large. It was straight opposite our room so wasn't a bother.

I would suggest that you google map the place and look for off street parking as it isn't the easiest place to find unless you know Coventry.

As for getting to town, it is literally a 5-10 minute walk away either under the ring road or over using the bridge.

For just the one night, I really can't fault the place.

The land lady was also a little bit happier in the morning as well, so I really have nothing bad to say about the place.

Room Tip: Room No.3, spacecious
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kazz L
Reviewed February 9, 2017

I've stayed here a couple of times out of necessity as I don't like shared bathrooms .and I agree its not that bad. Its easily walk able from the centre of Coventry, there is an corner shop and an excellent takeaway less then 5 minutes walk away. the landlady was polite, and offered me cup of tea because I looked frazzled after the walk. Had a triple room, which was immaculate and newly decorated. flat screen tv, which I couldn't get to work - but decided not to explore further, as I can do without a tv for one night surely? Bathroom looked newly decorated and clean. Didn't have breakfast as I needed to leave very early. Would I stay there again? Yes

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Andree W
Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

I travelled to Coventry for a conference and stayed at this B&B for 2nights. After reading the other reviews, I was a little worried but didn't have time to make other arrangements. I didn't have the highest expectations but was pleasantly surprised. The room was comfortable, had wifi, the bathroom was clean and the breakfast was nice. Their was a language barrier so at times their was a little lost in translation. All in all it was a decent place and I'd go back again. It's right in the centre which made it easy for me to get transport and for the price I paid, I really can't complain.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo