2,904 results
All reviewsclub roomleisure facilitiesdyson fansky tvgreat facilitieshuge tvcoffee machineswimming poolleisure clubbusiness parkmodern hotelsteam roombusiness staycomfy bedself serviceone night staygood nights sleep
Reviewed April 4, 2018

A copy of the email and review sent to the hotel, to which I have not received a response:

I would like to share with you, my experience of staying with you on Friday 23rd March 2018. On arrival we realised we had been upgraded to a club room, but no longer a twin room as originally booked. This was quickly amended and I requested a quiet room which we were also assured it was, room 241.
Later that evening after dinner in the grill, which was lovely, we returned to the room and the beds had been made which was great and I went to make a coffee but the machine in the room wouldn’t work, it had water in, would start to heat but not make the drink. I requested a kettle be brought to the room which was promptly delivered.
Next we tried to use the fan as we were getting a little warm, that also would not work. On closer inspection there were wires sticking out of the wall which should have been providing electricity for the fan, not very safe!
When we switched off our tv to go to sleep at about 11pm, all we could hear was loud music being played, presumably from an event taking place. This continued until 1am. At 1.30am, the staff tidying up emptied the bottle bins somewhere below us! We eventually got to sleep about 2am. We were then kindly woken up just before 6.30am by a delivery lorry pulling up and his reverse beepers alerting us to his arrival and then unloading his delivery.
This was supposed to be a quiet room! We had come away to have a relaxing time before a spa day also booked at your hotel, yet we had very little sleep, so did not have the relaxing sleep we had anticipated.
I was embarrassed as I had chosen and booked the hotel as a Village member and my friend had never visited one of your hotels before. When we alerted a member of your staff to our issues, she just said I’m sorry to hear that, I will advise housekeeping of the issues with your room. I do think that so many issues do warrant a little more concern and customer service from yourselves.
It is a spa hotel but pool was full of kids, perhaps it would be good to tell spa guests kid free times to help them relax.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Stephen C, General Manager at Village Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Dear Funky Diamond,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent visit. We value your time and the information provided.
We were naturally disappointed to read that there were aspects of your stay that you did not enjoy; please accept our apologies for the shortcomings experienced on this occasion they will be reviewed by the Senior Management Team and the appropriate action immediately taken to include further training in customer resolutions at the host desk.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

The place itself was ok. A bit on the pricy side for food and drinks. There was a party on the Friday night and the children seemed to spend the evening running up and down the corridors knocking on doors and shouting! Someone did speak to them at 11:20 but by then I thought it too late.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen C, General Manager at Village Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Marg E,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that unfortunate actions of others left you without a good night's sleep. For future stays, please notify the Nights team who will be happy to manage the situation on your behalf to guarantee an enjoyable stay.

In the meantime

Reviewed April 3, 2018

Great location, friendly staff, great food, although the desserts could be better, nice rooms, especially the Club rooms. Be warned the family rooms are quite a distance from the reception & facilities, but don’t let this out you off unless you or the any members of your familyhave difficulties walking short distances.

Dear Mervin B,

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We loved staying at the villiage hotel. The staff were very friendly. Hotel was very clean. Bedroom was lovely and clean.would definitely recommend it again. The breakfast was lovely and lots yo chose from.

Dear karencook71,

Delighted to have received the review posted with trip advisor following your recent stay at the hotel and that you found the staff and facilties on offer to be of an excellent standard, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again when next visiting the area

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Felt a bit like being on a conveyer belt however no problem til it came to food. Dire in the 'Pub' Cleaning superficial - was plugging my charger in and found quite a lot of dust that was not on 'eye level' and clearly overlooked by cleaners.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephen C, General Manager at Village Hotel Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear ccarol562686,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your stay. Please accept my apologies for your frustrations with certain aspects of your stay, and be assured that your comments will be passed to the relevant departments for review.

I hope to be able to welcome you back again soon,

Kind regards