“Brilliant effort for Easter”
Review of The Pheasant

The Pheasant
Ranked #97 of 639 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2018

I never fail to have a great meal from the extensive menu at this village pub, but I was blown away by the fresh flowers on every single table in this restaurant. A real effort had gone in, and it really lifted the room and made it feel special. Well done Pheasant team! and the fillet steak and huge salad was fantastic! Thanks

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went here without a reservation. We were seated immediately. There was a really good choice for myself who eats meat and my partner who does not. I have quite specific dietary requirements (no butter, no oil, no carbs) they catered for me really well and were happy to do so. My partner who is a vegetarian was offered vegetarian gravy which was a bonus as this never happens. The food was clearly freshly cooked and very well cooked. We had a lovely evening, the pub has a lovely atmosphere and the staff are lovely.

1  Thank vea21
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

A celebratory meal with 15 family and friends, the problem arose when complaining about a chicken meal that was not eaten, due to its funny taste, and worry of it being under cooked, the manager instead of apologising, took the plate away to the kitchen and came back and said,
“well the chef said it was cooked fresh”, and that was it, in an almost teacher telling off attitude.
No apologies that the person hadn’t eaten all night, and definitely no customer service.
The full bill was then placed on the table with no other comment.
In this day and age where you would think a group spending in access of £350, would be appreciated.
The other meals were ok!, nothing special, but nothing compares to the lack of customer service, unfriendly nature when you aire disappointment in a meal and get “told off” for doing so.

6  Thank kirsty3103
Reviewed February 5, 2018

Just for information, the picture shown is incorrect. The picture is of a different place. I am commenting on The Pheasant eating house in Withybrook.
We go here at least once a month. The food is always good and piping hot. There is a specials board as well as the main menu and lunchtime specials.
I always choose a fish dish as they have a wide range. My husband loves their mixed grill, it's the only restaurant that serves a proper mixed grill with kidneys!

Reviewed February 2, 2018

My boyfriend took me here 30 years ago on our 3rd date. We sat in a lovely little alcove and have always joked since that as he only had me to look at... that did it!
He is now my Husband and for the past 16 years we have lived in Leeds.
We booked a table here as we were having a trip down memory lane and we loved it!! Great service, lovely welcome and we even got to sit at the same table after explaining our story (so special for us). The food was hot and extremely tasty and we had a lovely night.
It was great to see the same Manager who had owned it all those years ago - which speaks volumes!
THANK YOU so much from Richard and me - we hope to come back soon!